Gunco Forums banner

Post your "Bump in the Night" or "Zombie Killers" here!

70K views 141 replies 81 participants last post by  hvymax 
#1 ·
This is my Remington 870 Police set up for bump in the night and also "tactical" and Three Gun matches.

No bling-bling here, it's all business. :nanabang:

Factory Parkerized finish.
20" factory rifle sighted barrel, fixed improved cylinder choke.
Remington +3 mag extension, magazine now holds 7 rounds.
Speed Feed stock that carries 4 shells, two on each side. That's where I keep my slugs.
Side Saddle 6 shell holder.
Wilson oversized safety and front sling swivel.
Skate board tape is optional but it helps on hot summer days when hands are sweaty. :smilie_sc

I usually keep Winchester 2 3/4" 00 buck 12 pellet load in for zombies and Federal 1oz. standard 2 3/4" slugs for anything further out that the buckshot won't get to.

With the magazine extension, side saddle, and Speed Feed stock, I have 17 rds on the shotgun before going to anything else. :biggrin:

See less See more
#130 ·
What is better than a .50 cal. full auto??

Why hell two .50 cal. full autos. :) Yes Sir and when yah run out of ammo? nothing like a good .30 cal. like my hero the Duke used to shoot with one dang blasted hand he did. Yes Sir, Duke used to pull the pin on frags, eat the pin and heave the grenades. Hell I seen the Duke eat breakfast waitin to heave them their frags. Where are yah Duke, we need yah now? :)

Attachments

#132 ·
WWII B-17. The one they used in the movie on the Memphis Belle. Jim Veranis was the co-pilot for the last five missions on the Belle. I grew up around Mr. Veranis caddying on a private golf course. Had no idea who the fine gentleman was, us caddies all liked the quiet man. He was friends with our family also.
B-17 flew into Executive A.P. in Ft. Lauderdale. .30 cal, demilled, was at the Nam reunion in Melbourne Fl. Next trip too Ocala, I have to take a pict. of the .50 full auto for sale at a fun shop. They want $50,000 grand for it in perfect running condition. I hit the lotto, first place I am a stoppin. Would love to buy an old WWII jeep and mount that bad boy on it. :)

#133 ·
A Browning 30 would be more correct on a jeep 4th, and normally a air cooled one. 50's were normally mounted on deuce and a half, APC's,tanks, and the occasional Power Wagon, all those had a special ring mount for the 50's. The Jeeps normally had the single post with braces and a .30. Speaking of Power Wagons,,this is the 51 I used to, have,,,NOT QUITE IN MILITARY DRESS!!! Obviously,,,,But really Sweet none the less.

I thought I recognized the insides of a B-17, guess it hasn't been that long after all !! Some memories just never die. Funny part,,I very well may have been up in that plane before, way way back. Not sure how long Jim has been involved with it but ask when you see him again? I'll put up another pic of Pa in the B- 25 and when you see him again, show it to him and see if he might possibly recognizes the old man from way back,,it is a small world after all! He just might , there's not many "War Bird "owners out there after all,and this is when Dean Martin and Pa owned it. Ya just never know,he just may remember Pa,how cool would that be Bud?? We just may have mutual friends half way across the country.

Attachments

#134 ·
twa no Mr. Verinis was the co-pilot on the actual Memphis Belle during WWII. The film crew flew him too England during the making of the movie about the Belle. Sadly he passed several years ago. The Memphis Belle was being used as a cargo plane somewhere in Europe for quite a few years after the war. Old and tired she was about to be scrapped and someone researched her history and saved her.
Jim 4th from the left.

Attachments

#135 ·
Oh sorry bout that, I misunderstood,and thought he was the current co-pilot.

Is the Mempsis Belle in you're AO at the air museum that's close by you Tim,I forgot the name of it right now. It's been years sense I'd been there but they had some really nice planes there either flying or under restoration last time I was there. I miss going all over to the air shows with Pa, it was always a high point for me, not only by being able to talk to folks about the Prowler, but just riding around in a piece of history, that was an incredible thrill and always thought prevoking when you think back on her history.

#136 ·
Restoration of famed WWII bomber Memphis Belle flies high

Now this Lady gave the Nazis a bump in the night. :)

"It defied the Nazis and became the first World War II bomber to complete 25 combat missions and return home. CNET Road Trip 2013 checked out how it's being restored to its original glory"
Restoration of famed WWII bomber Memphis Belle flies high - CNET

B-17 History | Liberty Foundation B-17 Memphis Belle Flying Fortress

twa the Memphis Belle that tours the country is not the original Memphis Belle but displays her name. You can pay to take rides in her when she visits a nearby airport. Picture of me in the Belle was years ago when she toured South Florida, Executive airport. During the making of the movie one of the several B-17s crash landed in England and burned. Group at Executive A.P. got the burned 17 and was restoring her. Not sure if their done?
13 .50 cals. now that is some firepower. :)

#138 ·
Yup,that's what she looks like now in her new dress . It was changed to that scheme after Dean & Pa had it.Someone from Texas I believe did it.

Can you imagine all those 50's going off all at once on the 17's,,,OMG!! That would lay down a serious case of whoop ass on most anything that fucked with it !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.