Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hole punch

jrs
    Feedback Score

Default Hole punch

I'm no photographer so the pictures suck.

This was built for me by Bellson. Here's what he wrote:

================

Mauser

This beast started out its life as a Persian Contract in 8x57 Mauser w/ a 29 Inch Barrel. Bought it and a few of its friends at Big 5 for $58.00 each.

These rifles were very used and abused! Rust, Pits, and you do not want to know what else. One had a bulged barrel!

Then I bought several of the Parker Hale Target Barrels from Numrich, $72.00 each. If you don’t know, these barrels were the basis of the Parker Hale Target Rifles that were sued by British Military Cadets for their competition shooting. Chambered in 7.62x51 NATO, 25 Inches long, 1-10 twist, and really nice steel. A lot of meat to work with.

Add a micrometer, lathe, and a great deal of patience; sprinkle on some select parts and you have a nice single hole punch that works out past 800 Meters. Maybe Staples should stock these….

================

On the target picture, hole next to center is the cold bore shot at 400 yards. Shot group (5) to the right is because a breeze came up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jrs; 01-18-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

You did that at 400 yards!!!!!!! Holy shit.

The stock looks great, was it custom made or an off the shelf one refinished?

And your pics look great, but your work bench is to clean.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

DAMMM nice build how long ago did big 5 have those?? I want to do a mauser build but but every time I get a doner gun its to nice to cut it up . I got several argentine mausers but there just to nice. I cant seem to find a cheap action to build on. damm nice group at 400 yards. are those barrel still avaliable???

here is a Ruger I have been messing with in 22-250. custom bull barrel,
    1 pound trigger. trued action ect. all stainless. havent shot it yet
    Attached Images Attached Images

jrs
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    You did that at 400 yards!!!!!!! Holy shit.

The stock looks great, was it custom made or an off the shelf one refinished?

And your pics look great, but your work bench is to clean.
    Range I goto we generally shoot 650 yards. I had sighted in the scope last time out and wanted to check the repeatability of the zero so shot at 400 incase I had to adjust. I think I have the 650 yard target around here somewhere.

Stock is 'off the shelf'.

The bench is clean because it was just built for the reloading press. You can't see the mess to the right.
    Last edited by jrs; 01-18-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

jrs
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    DAMMM nice build how long ago did big 5 have those?? I want to do a mauser build but but every time I get a doner gun its to nice to cut it up . I got several argentine mausers but there just to nice. I cant seem to find a cheap action to build on. damm nice group at 400 yards. are those barrel still avaliable???

here is a Ruger I have been messing with in 22-250. custom bull barrel,
    1 pound trigger. trued action ect. all stainless. havent shot it yet
    I'll have to ask him, but I know it was at least 3 or 4 years ago.
    jrs
    --

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Mods, will you please move this post to the WTS classifieds so I can post an, "I'll take it!!"

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Boy; no shit! I've heard Persians were VERY accurate Mausers to start with.

I could not hit that target at 400 yards with a laser beam on a tripod & a spotter helping me point it! Let alone a rifle. WOW!

Is your last name Hathcock ?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ID BE UP FOR A FEW OF THOSE BARRELS MYSELF. WERE THEY A BLANK OR THREADED AND CHAMBERD??????

jrs
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Boy; no shit! I've heard Persians were VERY accurate Mausers to start with.

I could not hit that target at 400 yards with a laser beam on a tripod & a spotter helping me point it! Let alone a rifle. WOW!

Is your last name Hathcock ?
    I wished. But remember, each Marine is a trained rifleman.

The trigger has approximately 2 3/4 lb pull. Breaks very clean with no travel.

Scope is an inexpensive NcSTAR Mk III 6-24x50.
    jrs
    --

jrs
    Feedback Score

Talking Bellson did the build. I just shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    ID BE UP FOR A FEW OF THOSE BARRELS MYSELF. WERE THEY A BLANK OR THREADED AND CHAMBERD??????
    I really have to defer to Bellson for details of the build gentlemen, as he built it. We have an equal division of labor, he builds, I shoot.
    jrs
    --

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.