Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEED QUALITY MAGS FOR MY .45 ???

Feedback Score

I'm pretty sure those are not made by Colt.
    All of the commercial Colt made magazines I own are stamped with the rampant pony.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

4th, I have those same mags, got them from Cheaper than dirt. Got two of them, each worked great for a good while, couple months, probably a few hundred rounds through each mag, but then they started to do that exact same thing as yours did. I have a chip mcormick mag, and havent had any problems with it. but those little colt (knockoffs?) were a dissapointment.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Get some wolf springs for them. If you leave them loaded even with a few out they take a set and get week. I have some 8 rnd chip and some 7 rnd springfields and they use to work great but some of them took a set. So other than normal spring fatigue the bodys have done great...
    SIC VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Ah hell. I already heaved them in the canal. Friggen junk.
    You know they did not have the little horse on them. Good thinking.
    Probably built by commies, fake commie colts.
    Even that pistol is a Chinese commie .45.
    Bought the .45 Norinco, pre ban. Shoots pretty darn good rite out of the box brand new for the $260 I paid for it years ago.
    Guys. Read through the article "link" Sniper put up. Kinda long but very informative on mags, feed ramps etc..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    4th, I have those same mags, got them from Cheaper than dirt. Got two of them, each worked great for a good while, couple months, probably a few hundred rounds through each mag, but then they started to do that exact same thing as yours did. I have a chip mcormick mag, and havent had any problems with it. but those little colt (knockoffs?) were a dissapointment.
    Yes. I just ordered Chip McCormick mags from Cheaper than dirt.
    Kind of a lessons learned for me on mags. Glad I went with my buddy too the range and got too find out they were not working.
    I just kind of took the mags for granted. But now I will check them more often. In all my semis.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Wilson's have been flawless in my guns. Never tried any others besides the factory springers which were also good, but not as high quality as the Wilson's.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

15 years ago or so when clinton was cutting up the 45's there were two styles of surplus USGI mags out there super cheap. The newer ones had a larger stamp for the # of the magazine and a better finish along with slightly larger holes in the side of the mag. The older ones had the number stamped smaller, the finish was rough and the holes in the side of the mags were smaller. The newer mags sucked. I had no problems with the older ones. I also have quite a few 8rnd chip mccormick mags and the shooting star mags. Those are from about 15 years old also and they look like they were made by the same people. They also have been flawless in function over the years.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

i use meg-gar's and i've never had any problems.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Checkmate makes 1911 magazines for Kimber and other name brand companys.I ordered ten SS Checkmate mags for my SHTF 1911 magazines.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    Checkmate makes 1911 magazines for Kimber and other name brand companys.I ordered ten SS Checkmate mags for my SHTF 1911 magazines.
    Dear valued customers,

We are currently experiencing an unusually high volume of orders; as a result we are temporarily unable to accept any additional online orders
    ProductCart shopping cart software - Check-Mate Industries, Inc.

Rails, I had to beg for 4 mags.. One month wait for even the damn pouches to hold them..
    Are yours back ordered till 2014 like mine are?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.