Thread: arisaka info?

Feedback Score

Default arisaka info?

I didnt want to hijack the other thread so decided to start another.
    Can I get any info on this arisaka? It was a swap meet find, mum ground off, no provision for cleaning rod, metal but plate. just a cool old gun. sights are fixed. thanks. jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Jim

ok that is a last ditch rifle but not the very end of the war, but close to it. Your bolt handle style and fixed sight give it away, along with no bayo lug and cleaning rod hole either filled in or not drilled.
    What is interesting is the grooves for the dust cover are present, I wonder if the receiver was a left over. I should also note the receiver has a nice blue finish.
    What I can't see is the end cap( safety) does it have a weld or a sun ray pattern in the middle of the end cap ( safety). if its a weld I would have a gunsmith look it over before you shoot it. also is the barrel interior chrome plated

I'm not a expert nor have I written any books on this subject, I just have looked at hundreds of these 7.7mm and own a lot of them.

I have a spare original dust cover, but this rifle would not have had one at this stage of the war, the last real slings I saw were sold back in the mid 90's when china opened up the arsennals and they were the late war cloth ones
    overall a nice collectors piece the wood is in nice shape also

good luck with it, hope this helps

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

thanks for the info. the end of the bolt has the sun ray design on it. I got to looking at the front band more closely and it looks like someone may have ground off the lug. I cant say for certain but its more squared off and looks like something was cut off and hit with a grinder. The 3 numbers on the bolt doesnt match the numbers on the receiver so no telling when the bolt got mixed up . jim

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.