Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $8.99 4lb 1911 trigger job

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea that S&W hammer along with that cylinder and slide spring do wonders. glad the little trick worked for you--

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No, just took out the factory trigger and put in the Wilson. Do not know if it will work on all 1911s but sure helped my SA Inc standard model.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

people wonder why i like the ole 1911 so much.

a $9 aluminum trigger, a $8 hammer and a $7 C&S dollar spring and it is a whole new ball game on trigger pull.

with any luck at all you don't have to fit anything either.

the S&W hammer was the biggest improvement by itself.

hell one of my buddies just put one in his ruger 1911 --night and day on the trigger.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I think the sear stoning jig just trues, sharpens and cleans up the 2 angles on the edge. It really isn't needed on anything but the GI stuff. Sarco comes to mind heh heh.
    By the time you're spending money on individual parts most of them come from the factory already sharp.

I stoned the sarco sear and shrunk the disconnector hole with a staking tool from brownells. He had already upgraded the trigger and dis-connector. Changing that sear spring and hammer was the final ticket.

They raised the price a whole dollar since May. You just can't beat that deal.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default tanvil

Loading 200 grain lead round nose copper jacketed.. Love em.. Using Accurate #2 at the minimum recommended..
    Just by chance grabbed a bunch of bullets before the panic... Plus a decent enough stock of powder..
    Hell loaded a thousand rounds and still have not put a dent in the stuff..
    Have a number of .45s...
    Damn now I have to try these triggers.. Pretty good at taking stuff apart..
    Probably have to bring it too a gunsmith to get the damn stuff back together and it will all be j4's fault.. He made me do it..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

You were wise to buy that stuff before 'obama-scare'. Ain't it nice to shoot a light loaded 45? Low recoil and impressive accuracy.

For swapping the hammer, the only trouble you might find is if your hammer spur pin is staked or not. Some push right out others do not. Aside from that it's basic reassembly.
    Sometimes the thumb safety needs a little bit of patience to get lined up also.

Series 80 frames are a pain though, because of that stupid extra part. But if it came out, it has to fit back in. Patience is key here.
    If not, I'm sure there is still some room in the canal and J4 probably doesn't care if you pin it on him.LOL

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Oh yeah, if you have a hi grip safety, make sure there is a depression cut into it to allow for the hammer to come all the way back.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

series 80? pure blaspamy!!--LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default tanvil..

No it was just pure chance I grabbed the stuff.. Old huge gun shop on the way back from Gainsville V.A..
    Damn they had racks of powder, bullets, reloading supplies.. Now gone, but..
    Items are coming back in the shop.. Lots of ammo, fair prices..
    Noticing the big boys "Vendors" are going from "Out of Stock" to "Coming soon."
    Something has to give, they do not sell, they go out of business..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Dangit you guys made me take my Springfield frame apart I had never done that and the Springfield has no retaining pin in the main spring housing that was interesting for sure good thing I had a magnetic tray and a towel down so it didn't bounce far..lol, still need to get a newer beavertail so I can use the hammer but the spring seems to make a difference
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.