Gunco Forums banner

Gun Show this weekend

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  eldogg 
#1 ·
Went to a gun show today in Greenville S.C. Tons of people. They had anticipated a large crowd widened the isles greatly and expanded the area used in the building. It helped a lot. Could get in free if you joined the NRA. Wall to wall people. Most people I have ever seen at a local gun show. Saw some steep prices but one Romanian AK was marked $650. That was the best deal. Everything else was higher. Ammo was mostly gone by 11:00 A.M. A friend of mine who was selling pistols said the tables next to him were piled high with ammo when the doors opened at 8 and when I was there it was mostly gone. A few boxes $400 for 500 Wolf in 7.62 X 39 and .223 scattered around but not much. One vendor of reloading supplies was there and all he had was brass. And no .223 or 7.62 X 39 brass. There were usually 5 or 6 vendors like Georgia Arms.

#2 ·
Jay..

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself even with the high prices..
Be surprised if that AK did not sell at that price..
Lot of gun shows going on down here in the local A.O. Florida..
Just been avoiding them till prices come back to normal..

#3 ·
my guess is the rommy sold for $650 ---and today that would be a DEAL!

if i ever get around to going to another gun show i'll probably just be looking for 1911 parts and maybe scopes--

i don't think it is even worth the time to look for military type stuff since the panic hit.

an odd ball bolt gun --might get my radar turned on though--LOL

#4 ·
I attempted to go to the show in monroeville pa yesterday ...the doors opened @ 9 am to the show. The line to get in at 9:30 was at least 1/4 mile long and probably 3-4 thousand deep. Usually this show has No line or less than 20 people in it . I drove past it an was scanning the crowd for familiar faces (none ). My estimate ... the line would have taken 1.5 hrs to get in ... it was 18* f. ..no way was I staying and freezing in line . I already had a back up plan...Harbor freight shopping and then hooked up with a craigelist seller of 55 gallon plastic food grade drums with a large 15" gasketed screw off lid . these have many uses... but I wanted drums that a five gallon buckets with lids fits in it .. nice buy at 10$ each.
It Is crazy to see the panic buying that its going on right now... just madness.
ak9

#5 ·
We had/have a Bill Goodman show in town this weekend,but I'm going to pass.I thought about selling one of my AKs and double my money.But prices are high on all guns and gun stuff now.I want a few more hide out guns for my war chest.

#6 ·
Good update Jay. Unfortunately I missed it. Neither the wife or I were feeling very good by the time I got off work Saturday, so we skipped it. I ordered a few things online that night though.

#7 ·
Sorry you didn't make it. I was by myself so I just "dove in there amungst them". My main mission was to look for people who worked on AK's that is not too far away and have fun. Saw a tin of army m1 carbine ammo. Guess they thought it was a good time to sell it. Found a person close to me. Chip at CMP Armory. Has anyone utilized his services?

#8 ·
No idea on him. Sorry.

#10 ·
ak9

That is incredible.. One word out of Nappies mouth and the whole country is spending billions $$$$$ on guns and ammo..
Good job Nappie, thank you..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.