Thread: Why do we "collect" stuff?

Feedback Score

Default Why do we "collect" stuff?

Always wanted a arisaka for my "collection" I had a last ditch that was pretty rough I sold and regretted last year. So this other one pops up for 125 bucks a few weeks ago. Someone cut the stock in front of the barrel band and the numbers dont match, But its a arisaka and I planned on keeping it. Well today I go and look at another arisaka. type 99 no mum, all the numbers match, no aa wings or cleaning rod, stocks not sportered or cut down, just a nice clean rifle. So of course it follows me home for the collection.
    Now here I have to try to explain to my wife why I drive 45 minutes across town at 730 on a sunday morning to meet up to get this thing. Sometimes they just dont understand that 70 year old rifles arent being stocked on the walmart shelves, so when something like this pops up for sale, you sort of have to go to it because it doesnt come to you. jim

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Possibly because our ancestors were hunter/gathers? Plus, it feels good to have a few shooting irons on hand!

Feedback Score

This makes me want to find that george carlin bit about "stuff". That is funny right there...

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I collect guns in the hope that someday soon this country will once again have enough morals , that I can display them all on my walls instead of buried in a safe.
    It better happen soon , as I'm getting old.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

George Carlin Stuff
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I collect guns in the hope that someday soon this country will once again have enough morals , that I can display them all on my walls instead of buried in a safe.
    It better happen soon , as I'm getting old.
    YEA IT SUCKS WHEN YOU HAVE SOME THING NICE AN YOU CANT SHARE IT FOR FEAR OF IT BEING STOLEN . I SOME TIMES WONDER IF I WOULD BE BETTER OFF REDUCING MY COLLECTION AN MAYBE ENJOYING LIFE A LITTEL MORE

ALL THE STRESS ON TRYING TO BE IN A GOOD POSITION IF A LAW PASSES AN SHOULD I SELL OR WIAT AN IF A LAW PASSSES BE STUCK WITH ALL THIS UNTILL I DIE AN NOT BEIG ABLKE TO SELL IT OFF AN GET MY MONEY BACK IS VERY STRESS FULL.

I GENERALY ONLY BUY IF ITS A GOOD DEAL AN IF I EVER NEED TO KNOW I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK.

I DONT NEED ALL THESE MOSINS BUT I LIKE THEM . THEY LOOK COOL LINED UP IN A ROW BETTER THAN A $500 WILD LIFE PRINT.

I GOT A CRAP LOAD OF CAR STUFF AS WELL AN I MAY NEVER GET ANY OF IT DONE. IN THE MEAN TIME IM STRUGGELING TO MAKE ENDS MEET. IT PISSES ME OFF THAT I HAVE TO ACT NOW IF I WANT SOME OF THIS STUFF.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think people who collect are trying to find something of value that will keep.

damn dollar is turning into mexican pesos --the way it looks pesos may one day be worth more than dollars--

hell i wonder why al-gore don't go after jay-leno ??

Feedback Score

If you have the room...

Store it!
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.