Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whats happening to the "common" nagant rifles?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Well if by some miracle TWA still has his next week I'll buy it for sure. I just can't say " I'll take it" quite yet.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if by some miracle TWA still has his next week I'll buy it for sure. I just can't say " I'll take it" quite yet.
    ASK HIM NICE HE MIGHT SAVE IT FOR YOU . HES A GOOD GUY .

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Nope....First I'll take it gets it. & I don't do that unless I can pay right now.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ya right Bradrock,,, if ya want it and you're at least 85% sure ya want it ,,,,, it's on hold for ya,,, no problem bro.

Feedback Score

classic arms just sent me a email with m38s for sale. 219.99. I dont know if its a good deal or not. jim

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i don't know jim --hell they were going for $79 last time i looked--

than again i was buying 500 round bricks of 7.62x39 for far less than a $100 bill-- BEFORE the panic.

so by the standard that everything else has went up that might not be so bad for the old m38.

the last ammo on the shelves was 7.62x54r --it is getting scarce too. i think some people are just buying it up for a rainy day.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

classic arms just sent me a email with m38s for sale. 219.99. I dont know if its a good deal or not.
    Well the M44 were going for that or close to it the last time they came in, and I think less of the M38 models come into the US
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Dunhams sold 91-30's for $88 on Black Friday. Serious need for cleanup. Cosmoline baked into the chamber causing problems with the bolt. i used a brass shotgun bore brush with a strip of Scotchbrite soaked in solvent. I put the shotgun cleaning rod in a variable speed drill. (Gun Smith recommended this.) Took it all out. Cosmoline is everywhere, and the bolt must be stripped down to the firing pin.
    I improved the trigger by putting in a small spring to take out the slop. (Which is considerable.). Reshaped and polished the sere with a jewelers file. Put a very thin washer under the sere. (Supplied with spring.)
    No slop, lighter pull, shorter pull, but still safe if done correctly. Didn't have any luck with a Finnish sere. Except for the work on a surplus Russian sere, all other mods are reversible to original condition in a hour. This Classic (mine is dated 1942) was not Sporterized. Just accurized and seriously cleaned.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
    I think this gun ban stuff is getting out of hand. We were talking about changing stocks, and triggers on a 91/30 nagant and the talk was to pick up one to do the swap on. Looked on aim, classic arms, j and g guns. All sold out. R guns has them I know, probably some at the local gun shops, but are people so freaked out that they are starting to hoard bolt action C and R rifles?
    I was thinking of getting rid of some of my duplicate rifles. But at this rate, I dont think I'll ever be able to replace them for as cheap as I once bought them. So I guess since they really dont take up too much real estate, I'm just going to have to keep them. jim
    When you absolutely positively have to stop commies from coming in your country. Mosin, their is no second.
    "White Death" Finnish sniper.. 700 "confirmed kills." WWIIs top sniper..
    First 500 kills, with no telescopic sights..
    Still available in a store near you, or in our classified..

Meet the man who would take Rambo to the cleaners.
    Read more at White Death: the Sniper Who Killed 700 Soviets in 100 Days
    This post is approved by Simo Hayha..
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 04:25 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    When you absolutely positively have to stop commies from coming in your country. Mosin, their is no second.
    "White Death" Finnish sniper.. 700 "confirmed kills." WWIIs top sniper..
    First 500 kills, with no telescopic sights..
    Still available in a store near you, or in our classified..

Meet the man who would take Rambo to the cleaners.
    Read more at White Death: the Sniper Who Killed 700 Soviets in 100 Days
    This post is approved by Simo Hayha..
    That pic does it for me. I have always heard they shoot better with the bayo on. I'm gonna start leaving mine on too! Plus, I can be ready for those pesky Cannucks when they invade!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.