Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whats happening to the "common" nagant rifles?

Feedback Score

Default whats happening to the "common" nagant rifles?

I think this gun ban stuff is getting out of hand. We were talking about changing stocks, and triggers on a 91/30 nagant and the talk was to pick up one to do the swap on. Looked on aim, classic arms, j and g guns. All sold out. R guns has them I know, probably some at the local gun shops, but are people so freaked out that they are starting to hoard bolt action C and R rifles?
    I was thinking of getting rid of some of my duplicate rifles. But at this rate, I dont think I'll ever be able to replace them for as cheap as I once bought them. So I guess since they really dont take up too much real estate, I'm just going to have to keep them. jim

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

It's not that so many people are buying them. They just are not being imported. You knew it would not last forever.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

I think it's a little of both, but more panic than lack of supply right now. AIM sold their hex receivers out in an hour or two today. Round receivers maybe some left, but not many.

The importers are beginning to scrape the bottom of the Mosin barrel, as far as supplies from "legal" importing countries goes. There aren't that many more countries we can import from that have any left.

If we could ever receive rifles from Russia again, that would provide relief for a little while longer, but 6 million rifles are only 6 million. They can't be forever.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I tried to order a crate from classic the day they ran out. I don't think they have had any since. ( I check most every day). No singles either & that was several months ago.

Yeah I got the email notice from Aim & they were gone before I could get the page to load. Same thing a couple weeks ago. They must be buying them from individuals! Heh...Heh
    I was raised to " Sleep on" spending decisions. Makes it tough in todays market. I just can't make up my mind fast enough.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

I trying to get enough money together just to get a Garand from CMP. Last I checked, they are done with the Springfield's. I have a M44 that will suffice for my Nagant needs. I wouldn't mind a hex though.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sovblocgunfan View Post
    There aren't that many more countries we can import from that have any left.

If we could ever receive rifles from Russia again, that would provide relief for a little while longer, but 6 million rifles are only 6 million. They can't be forever.
    That's heart-warming when you think of it. The arsenals built up since the time of the Tsars to near the end of the Cold War, simply vanishing into the bottomless pit of the American hobby and sporting marketplace.

"All your rifles are belong to U.S.!"

Feedback Score

Don't i wish! If russia would stop melting theirs down there are still lots of neat guns to own. Think about all the SVTs and makarovs that are still in the salt mines waiting to be pulled. More rc k98's and lugers and p38s than you could shake a stick at.

Feedback Score

From what things are looking like any rifle that has served in a military role for the past 100 years is in high demand. That and the ammo as well. If it goes "BANG" people want it. The only thing I haven't noticed an uptic in it's pump shotguns, coach guns, and most revolvers (mostly snubbies). Other than that people are clearing them off the shelves.

I miss the days of digging through an old wooden crate of Nagants and being able to bargain the price based off condition, but never paying over $110 for it.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THERE IS A N ICE ONE FOR SALE IN OUR CLASSIFEDS FROM A REALLY GOOD MEMBER . ITS PRICED RIGHT AN YOU CAN SEE PICS OF IT . WHY NOT BUY IT ?????? IF TIS $10 HIGH IN PRICE TODAY IT WILL BE WORTH $20 MORE NEXT MONTH .

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE ADDING A MOSIN TO THERE CART WHEN THEY BUY OTHER STUFF . THE MORE PEOPLE ARE SHOPPING AT GUN PLACES THEY MORE OTHER THINGS LIKE MOSINS GET BOUGHT. AMMO WILL SKY ROCKET NEXT . I HAVE ABUT 20 ROUNDS OF AMMO AN NO CASH TO BUY ANY . 5 GUNS AN 20 ROUNDS IS NOT A GOOD COMBO. THE OTHER FACTOR IS THERE JUST RUNNNING OUT . THERE WERE ONLY SO MANY AN NOW THERE GONE . PEOPLE HAVE STARTED TO ACCEPT THE MOSIN AS A GOOD GUN AN NOW THERE IS A DEMAND. SITES LIKE THIS TALK ABOUT COOL THINGS TO DO AN THEN PEOPLE WANT ONE .

Feedback Score

About a month ago I bought 2 at Big R for a total of $230 plus a can of ammo from Copes for $100. I think that's pretty cheap and why I bought them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.