Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SKS's--I like them!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Back in the 1980s SKSs were incredibly cheap. Somewhere I have a crumbly old Shotgun News with a "three for $69.95" ad.

7.62x39 ammo was oddball and expensive then, and I was turned off by the funky look of the SKS and the fixed, 10-round magazine. If you were going to buy something that shot x39, "cheap" was about all you could justify for an SKS.

I had no idea how ingenious the SKS' mechanism was, or how nicely they handled. They were fine rifles, but in my ignorance I just laughed at the idiots that bought crap like that. Now, with justification, they can laugh at me.

There's a slot in my gun rack for an SKS, and filling it will cost some painful multiple of what I could have bought one for back then...

Feedback Score

Love the Russian SKS with the laminated stock. Built tough before the RAM truck.

Feedback Score

yep, you guys have said it all.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

my milled un issued Russian was $135 with 500 rounds of norinco ammo at a gun show . I see there getting $800 on gun broker these days . I haven shot it in years an hope the barrel is ok now.

there were used ones that were going for around $75 as I recall. that was in about 1992. I got it because when I first moved her ( WI) I had all my guns stored in another state .

I use it about as much as the M1 carbine I bought for $100 around the same time. LOL

Feedback Score

both of my brother in laws who are army/marine vets had never handled an sks.
    after molesting mine for a few minutes they both said "WOW that's a real rifle compared to the plastic toy they gave us"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In Diwanya Iraq there is an Iraqi military base, and in the very center is a big statue of a soldier charging with an SKS.

Had planned to stop and take a picture because it looked so cool, but never did.

My first rifle was an SKS, milled and blade bayonet. Didn't really like it because it looked differant than everybody elses, but they were all jealous of the blade. Paid $79 for it and didn't find out until years later that it is one of the sudo-Soviet one's built in China. Has Tula and Chinese markings on it. Still got it.

Feedback Score

Don't get me started on SKS's I will be here all day. I really like em alot.

Back in the day they were the "mosins" of semi auto's. I should have bought a truckload of em. Oh well live and learn.

The prices sure have escalated on them. I wonder how many libtard states they are going to be illegal in, with the EVIL bayo and the grenade launcher on the Yugo's? You know, due to the recent rash of murders by bayonet and launched grenades.

Feedback Score

I once walked into a pawn shop (during the mid 90s) and they had an SKS on the rack. I wasn't very interested in buying it, but, I still asked how much they wanted. "$75" they said! I couldn't get the money out fast enough! I still have it. It has always performed and I don't think that anybody can ask more than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.