Gunco Forums banner

Crazy items on fleabay and gbroker

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  wpage 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It looks like it has a blocking bar cut in the bolt and is stamped semiauto. I wonder if it was semi closed bolt and the idiot wrote down some write up of an UZI he found off the net.

#5 ·
It could be one imported/built in or before the early 80s (but it's very possible it was bubba'ed into a semi auto), you used to be able to buy open bolt semi autos, MAC 10s were available for a while too.

Actually that's a good price for that UZI (if legal), I seen an open bolt MAC10 a couple years ago for $1k a local dealer had at a show, I called him the monday after the show because I wanted to buy it, he sold it that weekend

#6 ·
I'm aware of the Mac10, KG9 and a couple of others that were grandfathered open bolt semiautos. Action Arms NEVER imported any open bolt Uzi semiauto. They actually did double back flips to get ATF approval of thier closed bolt semiauto design. The serial number range by what is shown is correct for a Model A. None of the pics show that weapon with the bolt closed. But in all fairness without actual examination why the bolt is open will be an unanswered question but it could be a tooth pick, cigarette butt or a sear. The German trigger control group is not original but may or may not be modified to semi specifications. Over the years have seen many questionable auctions such a barreled receivers on fleabay. Caveat Emptor

#7 ·
THE WORST PARET IS SOME NEWBE WILL THINK COOL A UZI BY IT AN NOT HAVE A CLUE.

10 YEARS AGO ID HAVE BOUGHT IT IF I HAD CASH . NOT VERY MANYGUYS KNOW THE LAW.

HAD A BUDDY YEARS AN YEARS AGO CALL AN SAY A GUY HAS A STEN FULL AUTO WITH A SUPRESSOR . WANTED TO KNOW IF $500 WAS A GOOD DEAL. I SAID IT WILL COST YOU 20 IN JAIL . I HUNG THE PHONE AN CHANGED MY NUMBER.

HE HAD NO IDEA IT WAS ILLEAGLE . SCARY . AN NO IT WAS NOT TRANSFERABLE TO MY KNOWLEDGE. I THINK THE GUY WHO HAD IT GOT BUSTED WITH IT .

#9 ·
Re uzi

THE WORST PARET IS SOME NEWBE WILL THINK COOL A UZI BY IT AN NOT HAVE A CLUE.

10 YEARS AGO ID HAVE BOUGHT IT IF I HAD CASH . NOT VERY MANYGUYS KNOW THE LAW.

HAD A BUDDY YEARS AN YEARS AGO CALL AN SAY A GUY HAS A STEN FULL AUTO WITH A SUPRESSOR . WANTED TO KNOW IF $500 WAS A GOOD DEAL. I SAID IT WILL COST YOU 20 IN JAIL . I HUNG THE PHONE AN CHANGED MY NUMBER.

HE HAD NO IDEA IT WAS ILLEAGLE . SCARY . AN NO IT WAS NOT TRANSFERABLE TO MY KNOWLEDGE. I THINK THE GUY WHO HAD IT GOT BUSTED WITH IT .

The rules that ATF has are real scary not to mention one law says one thing and yet that have other rules for the same Item. Years ago I was told by an ATF Agent at a gun show, ( and he was a being nice and helpfull and not trying to bust anyones balls ) We we talking about the parts kit and Machine Guns that are allowed under a C&R which really blew my mind.
Most WW1 & WW11 Mgs are allowed if you have a C&R and the State you are in allows machineguns. I was told that if Your one of theose real bad guys that they want off the street or you just happen to get a An Agent who just wants to make a names for himself. That even the parts kit, if You have any part of the demilled receiver, or even one tiny peice that has a number on it even partially. you can be arrested for illegal possion of a machine gun. And once a macine gun always a machine gun. even though you are allowed to use parts to make your own semi-automatic out of machine gun parts, and in some case you can use the orgional receiver and reweld it. and as long as you make it so it cannot accept any FA parts your ok. talk about scary and nuts ....Doc

#11 ·
Think that's crazy, look what a brick of 22LR is going for on Gunbroker
I know what you mean, I was looking at that too since a few posts in the ammo area showed the crazy prices happening now.

Willie you are most likely right about the Action Arms UZIs never having an open bolt one, I never followed them close enough to know their history, was just making a point that open bolts were once legal to make and sell.
And I wish they still were, would make it a lot easier and cheaper to rebuild some of these de-milled kits on the market :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.