Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vulcan BMG 50 ??

ak9
    Feedback Score

Default Vulcan BMG 50 ??

I've seen a couple of different for sale adds for these vulcans bmg50s .. Bolt is the three lug type ... I have researched them on line and seems everyone bashes the older type and the name and the customer dis service etc... but have'nt been able to find much first hand knowledgable reports on them...they definatly don't hold there value ...as new they sell for $ 2000 ish and used with 100 rnds and scope they are selling for $1500 ish. Anybody with info on the newer three lug type or they just a not worth the risk ?
    ak9
    50 cal Vulcan with ammo

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY WERE SO BAD THAT SOME RANGES BANNED THEM.

I HAVE A BARREL OFF OF ONE AN IF THE BARREL NUT AN MUZZEL BREAK THEADING AN FIT ARE ANY HTIUNG LIKE THE REST OF THE GUN iD RUN.

VUKCAN HAS ZERO REPUTAITON ON MOST GUN FORUMS AN IM ASURE OTHERS HERE WILL HAVE A BETTER REASON WHY.

THERE WAS A NICE AR 50 bmg UPPER IWTH AMMO IN THE CLASSIFIDS BTW.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY WERE SO BAD THAT SOME RANGES BANNED THEM.

I HAVE A BARREL OFF OF ONE AN IF THE BARREL NUT AN MUZZEL BREAK THEADING AN FIT ARE ANY HTIUNG LIKE THE REST OF THE GUN iD RUN.

VUKCAN HAS ZERO REPUTAITON ON MOST GUN FORUMS AN IM ASURE OTHERS HERE WILL HAVE A BETTER REASON WHY.

THERE WAS A NICE AR 50 bmg UPPER IWTH AMMO IN THE CLASSIFIDS BTW.
    There still is, it's on gunbroker right now, currently under 1500 with scope.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

vulcan? hess, blackthorne what have they changed their name to lately?

just the number of name changes should be cause for pause on that one--

if you can't give it a through inspection --i would certainly pass-- even if it passes a visual through inspection --i'm still leery--

just the name gives me images of bad head-space, out of spec chambers, soft steel, improperly machined bolts, cracked carbon fiber lowers and bursting bolt carriers-- canted sights, improperly drilled gas ports, improper pins, reject components. some of their ar-15s look to be just "OK" at best others are horror stories. i can put up with some cheap short cuts but bad barrels, and bad BCG that is not just cheap that is down right dangerous.

if they can furbar a mild mannered ar-15 that bad --would you want to risk them building a high-powered 50 bmg anything?

some people love um-- i not sure all their stuff is junk but enough of it is and enough of it has failed in a big way for me to look elsewhere.

go over at ar-15.com and type that in "vulcan .50 BMG" and see what comes up--LOL

those mall ninjas are a cry-baby lot-- but like a broken clock their still right twice a day --

every once in a while they are right.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

B4Ctom1's Kick Ass Shit!!!: I hope you like it

this guy has had a vulcan 50 bmg-- he has a little spill down at the bottom of the page about it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I don't want my face even in the same zip code as a Vulcan receiver loaded with a 50BMG

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    I don't want my face even in the same zip code as a Vulcan receiver loaded with a 50BMG

there was an older version that was dubbed "pipe-bomb" and banned from most firing ranges.

the new improved one --i think is the one he is asking about.

i don't think it is "quite" as prone to fail in a k-boom kind of way.

the guy in that link has had one --he says his is crap and he has spent more trying to fix it than it cost new.

it still sounds like a hesse/vulcan product to me.

as expensive as 50 is to shoot ya better just get a good one of the start IMHO if you going to go 50 BMG.

ak9
    Feedback Score

Times a tickin ... I believe that "they" are going to ban the 50...tryiing to save for the m2hb , but might pull the trigger on a 50 of some other mfg.???
    Thanks for the link 427 ... I learn how the vulcan and a few others load ie captive case ... no ejector = no like...
    " I don't want my face even in the same zip code as a Vulcan receiver loaded with a 50BMG "
    There was another vulcan bull pup model 400 I saw advertised... used for sale ... I would not want my face to be that close on one of these... barrett m95 maybe not a used vulcan

I thought maybe just maybe the vulcan improved /evolved over time .... but with the very bad reputation I would think the value/investment return will never be there..
    ak9

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea ya got to watch out during a panic cause there are a lot of folks that think this is the best time to unload their turkey--LOL

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

The name alone is enough for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.