Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PSL Hi-Cap Mags-Someone Selling Them?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    YEP...

in the loooooong barrel these things are warming and crawling if your rapid firing them.. but we still do it.

while ive got a couple long barrel builds in PSL's, ive really gotten fond of the shorter barrel versions and they dont care how fast you shoot them.

its basically just a big AK when we do this... lots of short barrel builds out there on these... but for me the 18.25" build seems to be the best.

that lets you keep the full length piston set up.. not move the gas port and still have enough barrel in front of it for reliable cycling.. got 4 of these in 18.25" barrels and never had a single foul up from the set up with many different batchs of ammo..

did a couple lahti mags and then sold them off... im using zb39mags in my Bren and it has no issues at all. but that doesnt work for the PSL....

we did a drum conversion a while back, but were never happy with it.
    I hear ya! With the gas supply the 7.62x54R cartridge provides, you could put a really small port on it and still be fine. To be honest I think an AK in that caliber would be nice to have but that mag issue would be a stinker. Everyone who wants a .30-06 can have the same performance in this "conversion"

After tinkering with the 7.5mm mags to get them to work with my dad's 6.5mm build I can empathise with anyone trying to do a mag conversion! Mag conversion issues shouldn't be a huge concern but they are tedious. And wastes ammo during testing.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f3/psl-carbine-66560/

Thread shows some using Finnish Lahti M26 mags.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f3/psl-carbine-66560/

Thread shows some using Finnish Lahti M26 mags.

Yeah, I was one of them. I have a pic of my PSL based Tabuk and my M76 on the first page. Like I said, the MG13 mags are virtually perfect in the M76, and run extremely reliably, but the Lahti mags I just couldn't seem to get to run right. Great for looks, but not for reliability. I want something that hold at least 20 rounds and runs at a reasonable level of reliability.

Oh yeah, I contacted Tapco several months back to see if they had any plans to make any hi-cap mags or even standard cap mags for the PSl, as I'd heard a rumor, but they said no, and they have no plans whatsoever to do anything for the PSL platform.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I read some tried to make extended double stack mags for the PSL and VEPR but never really had much success. A couple catastrophic failures even. I have a couple 10-rd mags for my VEPR conversion and that's about the best I have seen yet. Maybe someday.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

I have a PSL pistol and carbine and I have gotten some modded Lahti mags to work in them

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I stopped at 15 rounds on my 308 conversions I have larger mags but id domt like cooking expensive barrels on stuff I worked hard to build .

If you shooting hicap mags of ammo out of any round longer than 2.5" then your going to really heat up a thin barrel an wreck it fast not to mention the accuracy loos as it heats up.

I have a Csspecs 15 round Sagia mag an it is well made . I have not tried it yet .

GOOD POINTS ON SHORTER MAGS BETTER PRONE OR OFF A BENCH AN IMO THES HIGHER POWER ROUNDS ARE BETTER SHOT OF A BENCH OR POD . THER EMADE TO BE A LONGER RANGE SET UP .

Id rather just have the zombies wait a bit if I have to use a 308, 7.62x54, 8mm AK variant . LOL

I have a modified g3 mag that fits in a ak recvier an trunion Im hoping to test soon on a 260 Remington conversion . thre cheap enough I don't mind grinding on or welding on.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Since I have both guns, I'll post some pics for the team.
    I found that the VEPR mag would insert into the PSL magwell, but the catch lug on the VEPR mag is not at the same location, so it won't latch without some work. No, I have no interest in trying this.

I'm not aware of any VEPR mags exceeding 10 rounds for x54R. The five round VEPR mag is the same height as the 10 round PSL mag, and the ten round VEPR mag is twice the height. So no advantage there.

Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

doubled.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

zoom

thanks you for the pics and the comparison of the mags

you are the first person to answer my questions and Im sure a lot of others

thanks
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

It would actually make more sense, if doable, to convert the VEPR to take PSL mags, since the ten round is shorter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.