Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PSL Hi-Cap Mags-Someone Selling Them?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default PSL Hi-Cap Mags-Someone Selling Them?

I'm not sure, I think it may have been Sprat that mentioned that someone (individual, not a company) was making hi capacity mags for the PSL. I have made a couple out of the Lahti mags, and I'm not pleased with the results at all. If someone is making a reliable version for sale, I'd just as soon buy one or three if the price is reasonable. Does anyone know who makes/where these mags can be purchased? TIA,

BTW, I did Google it, and didn't find anything.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I read a article over at akforums about laithi mag conversions, i asked the question as to whether Vepr mags can be used on a PSl
    no one answered my question cause i believe those mags have a larger capacity
    if I thought I could get a larger capacity mag for the PSL I would have at least one
    sorry i can't help further
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

No, VEPR mags are single stack, and thinner than PSL mags.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well crap! LOL. No problem Sprat. Yeah I have a couple that I made from the Lahti mags, and they aren't reliable, and I could only get about 16 rounds in them.

Not near as good as the MG13 mag conversion for the M76. Those are very reliable.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

thinner is fine, its whether they lock in, thicker would have been and problem
    I thought I read they( Vepr) come in 20rd mags

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

PSL's open up their groups too much to make a hi-cap mag practical. may be fun for a shorter-barrel "clone" but as-is the 10 rounders will be all you can do before the group opens up enough to notice.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    thinner is fine, its whether they lock in, thicker would have been and problem
    I thought I read they( Vepr) come in 20rd mags
    20rd single stack would be awful long.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    PSL's open up their groups too much to make a hi-cap mag practical. may be fun for a shorter-barrel "clone" but as-is the 10 rounders will be all you can do before the group opens up enough to notice.
    YEP...

in the loooooong barrel these things are warming and crawling if your rapid firing them.. but we still do it.

while ive got a couple long barrel builds in PSL's, ive really gotten fond of the shorter barrel versions and they dont care how fast you shoot them.

its basically just a big AK when we do this... lots of short barrel builds out there on these... but for me the 18.25" build seems to be the best.

that lets you keep the full length piston set up.. not move the gas port and still have enough barrel in front of it for reliable cycling.. got 4 of these in 18.25" barrels and never had a single foul up from the set up with many different batchs of ammo..

did a couple lahti mags and then sold them off... im using zb39mags in my Bren and it has no issues at all. but that doesnt work for the PSL....

we did a drum conversion a while back, but were never happy with it.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    we did a drum conversion a while back, but were never happy with it.
    One of those DT pan drums? The smaller diameter higher cap tank version aim has for $45?

I was thinking on that, but the feed column would be tricky to get proper and still have the mag rock in. Maybe with a modified handguard with a front mag catch and use the factory one for the rear... Lot of speculation for a $45 project at that point though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

understood, in fact i too prefer the 10rd mags, and as with all rifles when shooting prone nothing like a 10rd mag, but I along with others thought heck, large capacity mag would be cool to have
    i read the thread on the forum about the laithi mags and it sounded like alot of work.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.