Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I like the 9MM handgun.

Feedback Score

Default I like the 9MM handgun.

A while back I decided that I needed a good semi auto handgun. I wanted it in .45 Auto. For well over 100 years the 45 has been a fight stopper. I had one years ago and always wanted another one. So, I started looking.
    However, a Ruger P95 in 9MM suddenly came available. It kinda fell into my lap. So, I took it. I immediately started accumulating ammo for it as I have a certain number that is the minimum I want for every caliber I have. I bought some specially designed defense loads such as Hornady’s “Critical Defense.” I bought a lot of lower price ball ammo for practice and general use. I feel that it will give a good account of itself if necessary.
    There was a post on Survival Blog that a person who is on some drugs won’t even feel a bullet fired from a 9MM handgun! Well, I take issue with that!
    That killer that caused the mass murder in Tucson (in which Congress lady Giffords was horribly injured) used a 9MM. And, he was shooting ball ammo! Now, I, like most Americans, was utterly appalled by the senseless tragedy. I hope that she makes a full and miraculous recovery. I grieve for the fatalities. But, it did prove that the 9MM is probably sufficient to use as a survival weapon. It is an awful way to learn what a certain caliber can do. But, I think anybody who has a 9MM will be well armed. Also, these new tactical loads (such as “Critical Defense” and some others) will increase the viability of this round (thank God that the creep who caused this senseless tragedy didn’t use those or some of the wounded also might have been fatalities!). I’m going to keep my 9MM!

Feedback Score

You are right with good hollow points I don't think there is anything wrong with the 9MM course the best gun to have is the one you can shoot,
    The 9MM is easy to shoot and low recoil. I have a Glock 17 and a Taurus 92
    (Beretta Copy) They shoot very nice I am partial to my 1911 though I think it takes more skill to shoot well with than the 9MM
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Tell me honestly dario,,,,is there any gun you don't like???

I seem to have pretty much the same affliction I guess,,, but there are Some I don't like,, unlike your self,,

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    A while back I decided that I needed a good semi auto handgun. I wanted it in .45 Auto. For well over 100 years the 45 has been a fight stopper. I had one years ago and always wanted another one. So, I started looking.
    However, a Ruger P95 in 9MM suddenly came available. It kinda fell into my lap. So, I took it. I immediately started accumulating ammo for it as I have a certain number that is the minimum I want for every caliber I have. I bought some specially designed defense loads such as Hornady’s “Critical Defense.” I bought a lot of lower price ball ammo for practice and general use. I feel that it will give a good account of itself if necessary.
    There was a post on Survival Blog that a person who is on some drugs won’t even feel a bullet fired from a 9MM handgun! Well, I take issue with that!
    That killer that caused the mass murder in Tucson (in which Congress lady Giffords was horribly injured) used a 9MM. And, he was shooting ball ammo! Now, I, like most Americans, was utterly appalled by the senseless tragedy. I hope that she makes a full and miraculous recovery. I grieve for the fatalities. But, it did prove that the 9MM is probably sufficient to use as a survival weapon. It is an awful way to learn what a certain caliber can do. But, I think anybody who has a 9MM will be well armed. Also, these new tactical loads (such as “Critical Defense” and some others) will increase the viability of this round (thank God that the creep who caused this senseless tragedy didn’t use those or some of the wounded also might have been fatalities!). I’m going to keep my 9MM!
    dario541,
    Since you luv 9mm and you luv Ruger revolvers look for a Blackhawk convertible or SP101 in 9mm. Sounds like a combo you would luv.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it is a pop-gun round!

anytime you got to soot something 15 times to make it fall that ain't good.

thats why it has such a big mag --hell a 9mm needs a 30 rd mag to be 'defensive' just in case there is a second attacker---LOL!

and the damn mall-ninjas get plumb randy over 9mm?

is 9mm some kind of mall-ninja death ray?

WTF is up with that? and the damn gang bangers seem to love the 9mm too?

now 9mm from a UZI firing at 900RPM is another matter --you pretty much going to get enough hits. but those ain't legal with a ton of NFA papers.

the 9mm does have a place in the survivalist gear mainly because they can be made very small and because 9mm ammo is generally around.

a 9mm beats an 'empty" something else.

sure 9mm is enough if your close enough and get a good hit. or two. or three--

hell you need something meaty like a 500 S&W !

or a m203! LOL!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

9mm HP sometimes expand, but the 45acp never shrinks.

Shooter

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Tell me honestly dario,,,,is there any gun you don't like???

I seem to have pretty much the same affliction I guess,,, but there are Some I don't like,, unlike your self,,
    I have never met a gun that I didn't like! But, there are some that I prefer for certain jobs.
    I once had a 1911 genuine Colt. I don't remember what I did with it. When I was a lot younger I didn't have much money and I wanted to try everything that was available. So, I routinely bought, sold and traded guns. I owned a lot of different types of firearms in those days.
    Now, I am concentrating on getting the guns that I think I may need in the coming "Dark Ages." I believe that the current US Government hates its citizens and is determined to make slaves out of us. So, while it is still available, I am purchasing guns and ammo and making caches out in the hinterlands.
    Thanks for your interest.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I like my High Power for 9MM, it is very reliable and accurate. I like my 1911 for 45ACP, it is very reliable and accurate too. John Moses Browning has to be one of the all time great firearms designers ever.

Feedback Score

I can't think of anybody who has so many different designs of firearms around than Mr. Browning. Millions of his products are still in use today. He's the King!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Id hate to get hit with a 9mm or any round . I knew a guy who took a 9mm to the chest an lived. he was joking about it when they stuck him in he ambulance even . He was about 140 pounds an was shot at almost point blank range .

I have 9mm luger in auto.

I just picked up a 9mm barrel for my M57 Tokarev . Im going to eventual rechamber it to 9x23 Win . That will give 357 mag performance or better an I can hand load it down to plinkig levels . I shot it in standard 9mm the other day an it is a lot softer recoiling than the 7.62x25 I converted from.

Imo a 38 super or 9x23 or simular is a much better round than a 9mm Luger . good performance good speed an longer range than a 45 IMO

ITS A LOT EASIER TO DOWN LOAD A BIGGER CASE THAN UP LOAD A SMALLER CASE .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.