Thread: S and W .38 special hand ejector?

Feedback Score

Default S and W .38 special hand ejector?

talking to a guy about a trade and wondering if anyone has any info on these revolvers? I dont have a serial number, only been told its a 4" barrel nickle plated in .38 special. Anything to be aware of on these? I looked around on the net and it seems like they only made 11ty billion of them so I figure they cant be all bad. We're trading some auto parts for it. Im into the parts for about $100 so I figure I cant go wrong. jim

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

We're trading some auto parts for it. Im into the parts for about $100
    If it's at least in functioning condition, I'd do it
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

For trading auto parts for the item, I would say, what are you typing here go get it ... =)

Feedback Score

I just picked it up. it looks to be in real nice condition, there is a scratch or two on the side of the revolver. the serial number is 266XXX no letters 4" barrel with houge rubber grip. Any idea what year this thing may have been built in?
    says smith and wesson on the left side of the barrel.
    38 sw special ctg on the right.
    top of the barrel has the different pat. dates from 1901 to 1914. thanks. jim
    I do know not to shoot plus p, just wad cutters or lead bullets out of it. jim

Feedback Score

I just picked it up. it looks to be in real nice condition, there is a scratch or two on the side of the revolver. the serial number is 266XXX no letters 4" barrel with houge rubber grip. Any idea what year this thing may have been built in?
    says smith and wesson on the left side of the barrel.
    38 sw special ctg on the right.
    top of the barrel has the different pat. dates from 1901 to 1914. thanks. jim
    I do know not to shoot plus p, just wad cutters or lead bullets out of it. jim

Feedback Score

1915-1942. My book doesn't say for sure I would have to track it down by features. Need pics. I love old S&W k frames. For factory ammo, one thing Remington hasn't screwed up yet is the lead round nose 38 special in the green box.

Feedback Score

I use a S&W 38 special 5” square butt hand eject w/original wood grips as my car/truck gun for the past 15+yrs. Mine was made in the 30s (sn# 510,xxx) and is ugly 50% blue rust pitted but more important it is tight and bore is excellent. Shoot P+ in it regularly. Best $65 gun I own.

Feedback Score

Smart phone DT

Feedback Score

I'll try to get a pic posted, I took off the rubber grip to look under it, its a squared off grip. I think its not a factory nickle finish because the trigger and hammer is both plated. Its still a nice revolver and alot smaller than a pair of front runners (drag racing front tire/rims) jim

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.