Gunco Forums banner

AMERICAN TACTICAL MILITARY 1911

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  railbuggy 
#1 ·
Any body else have one?
My Taurus SS PT1911 got traded to the dope man last December and my 20yo son got
six months in rehab.He is due to get out in August.As a replacement house gun I bought this low cost Philippine model for $519+tax from a small shop here in Cincy.It looks to be a true
clone of the gun designed by John Browning without the bells and whistles added like so many
of the gunmakers add now days.I plan on taking it to my shootin place (Ohio River Bank) this
weekend and run about 300+ rounds thru her to check for bugs.I have about 6 or 700 228
grain LRN reloads last time I counted a few years ago.Some times I have to play with the OAL of my reloads for a particular 1911 to run right.

#3 ·
I think they are made by the same place that Charles Daly brand came from (no longer in business), when I got mine a lot of the guys at the range said it seems like a well made gun, most of these guys only buy brand named stuff so hopefully that's a thumbs up for these lower cost ones.

#7 ·
Most of the Philippine-made 1911s seem to come from RIA. They have occasional problems with quality control, but from reports on 1911forum.com, all it takes is to e-mail a quick message to them to get the gun repaired or replaced.

#12 · (Edited)
I had many FTF with my 228grain LRN reloads(Lee mould).This was a replacement mould with the R2 ogive to help feeding with my last 1911.The slide was not fully locking after stripping off the next round.Not the guns fault.Some of my old reloads are not seating in the chamber.
I'll need to remove my barrel and drop my reloads in one at a time and resize the ones that don't seat.Those reloads I fired were made to fit a throated barrel on my SS PT1911 that took a walk.All in all I fired 64rds of my reloads with about one in eight being FTF,and twentyfour rds of factory FMJ with no hang ups.I also got to try the ten SS Checkmate mags I bought a few years ago from www.topgunsupply.com.I wasent shooting at paper when I tested my new pistol.I was under a bridge shooting at a old log the flood left this spring.The log was maybe 40 or 50 yards away.Next time I'll take targets and keep score.
ADDED:I had to take a jewlers file to a bur that grew inside the slide where the barrel link pin went thru the barrel.The barrel did not want to come out of the slide for cleaning after my shoot.All fixed now.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.