Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Father's Day Present!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Oh ya, I see the button you're referring to. Hows about a picture in the box???

Is the fit and finish quality as good as I've read, or is that just another gun writers story, from someone that thinks every gun is great?? It's hard to get an honest review from many places now. Well these guys,, are ,,getting paid to write reviews and they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them . Can't blame them but hard to believe most reviews.

Rifleman is kinda like that, there testing guns and giving them great write ups and there shooting 2 MOA groups with high priced ammo,,,WTF?? I'd peddle something like that, or send it back till it shot straight. Good Lord!!!! That's a POS in my opinion. But you won't hear that from them!

I'd rather ask someone that really owns one and knows guns, what somethings really like. I don't know if I'd ever shoot one much myself, but they would defiantly be desirable for something unique for the collection. I don't really see many being made so it might be a neat one to have. Maybe for a younger guy anyhow, I won't live long enough to see any real appreciation in value, but you younger guys keep one pristine for 30-35 years or more with the box and paperwork,, then you're talking.

But I really do like the looks, and I've handled a WW11 STG 44 before and they defiantly have the "OH COOL" factor working for them. I might have to see if I can find one around here, I haven't seen one yet. I'd like to get a look at them.

Kinda like my NIB match Garrand is for me, I get offers for that almost every month sometimes several inquiries, good ones too, but that's my emergency fund, no sale! If I don't need it,,, it will be a good inheritance for one of the kids.

One of those STG's would unfortunately probably end up in my buds bank vault, if I did get one. That's where my Garrand is, the wood box is to big for a safe, and I have no more room for more safes,,,,

Gezzzzz,,,, now I think about it,,,

what a delema to have,,,,,OH Boo Hoo !!!!!
    I'll take it down tomorrow and take a pic in the box. It looks really cool all packaged up.

It is a beautiful rifle and I would rate the fit and finish VERY good. It is almost too pretty to shoot! Almost!! LOL! Remember I was n't using a bench or any kind of support when I shot it, I was just messing around shooting at a target standing and sitting using my knee for support. Even still at about 25 yards I was keeping everything in a little bigger than a baseball size. I need to take a bench and adjust the sights because it seems to shoot high and to the left about 2 inches both ways. But that may have been me just being giddy and having too much fun.

I had no logical or practical reason for wanting one. It really can't do anything a decent Ruger 10/22 can't do. But what can't be eliminated is the "It s just so freaking cool" element. I knew the minute I saw one I would have one.

Like I said earlier, the magazine seems to be the weak point to me, hopefully some aftermarket company will come up with a better magazine.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Congrats, I'm glad to hear you got one

Sounds like a candidate for a "no tilt " follower though.
    The follower really isn't the problem, the mag has a tab on the side so you can move the follow down making it easier to load, if you move it too much the rounds can drop in pointing up or down. It's can be a pain to get them fixed when it happens though.

The main down side to the mags is the cost, they are averaging $50, GSG has them listed for $35 (I think) but they are always sold out. I wish someone would make a mage that works in these, I bet they can be sold for less then $20, I can see about $20-25 for one of these factory mags but $50 is nuts.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Is the follower meal or plastic, if it's metal I'm sure some enterprising folks here could add a tail on the follower to keep it from tilting, if plastic,,,Oh Well,,, a trip to the mill to make your own from nylon or something will be the fix I guess. Shouldn't be to hard a fix or to duplicate either way.

Ya seems like most mags are crazy expensive lately. They want 56 bucks for a 13 round mag for my Bersa UC 9mm,,,,and >$45-$48 for a 7 rnd 45ACP one,, that's just nuts! And it's next to impossible to find one,, not even in stock from Bersa. That seems to be the only issue I have with Bersa's, otherwise Great guns for the buck. Glad it came with 2 mags though.

I know what you mean Fyred Up, when I first saw the pics of them I said to myself,,,"I gota get me one of those",, That was my first thought too! I always remembered the "real" one I'd handled way back, but they were always just out of reach either in availability or my finances,, ain't that always the way???? Drat!

Thanks for all the info, I'll be looking forward to the other pics. Now after your review I may have to make a more concerted effort to see if I can find one someplace to check out. Ya never know,, one of those JUST MIGHT ,,,end up here too!!! Ya Never know!! But it is defiantly time for something a bit different for the toy box.

Feedback Score

I didn't forget you picture, between the weather, working a fundraiser for one of my volly FDs and now working a 72 hour triple shift at my career FD time has been a little short. I will do my best to get a pic of it in the box on tuesday.

Feedback Score

Sorry for the delay. Better late than never?

Still love it. It is a great shooter and everyone that fires it says it is very accurate. The magazine is less daunting now to load as I have developed a system that works pretty well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the pics Fyred Up,, that's sweat for sure and looks just as good in the box,,,,VERY NICE.

I still haven't seen one to handle yet,,,still checking around. But nothing local yet.

Feedback Score

My youngest son and I went out to the range yesterday and he shot it. He put 100 rounds through it and he is sold. He was hitting what he shot at and said the weight killed any recoil.

Still love it but need more magazines for it.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Here it is! My wonderful wife and I are going to go to the range and have some fun!
    God I wish they would re-make that rifle in .223 or 7.62x39...
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Wow, a pistol with a cat toy included! Fun for the whole family!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That is freaking awesome!!! Congrats Fyredup!! Lucky dog.

Ditto with Bellson on the 7.62x39 version.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.