Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Father's Day Present!

jrs
    Feedback Score

I happened to be in one of the local fun stores about 6 weeks ago and they had just put one out. Got to fondle and play with it a bit. I'd buy it, but right now $600+ for a .22 is more than I care to spend.

Happy shooting FyredUp. I'm envious.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You are truly blessed!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh yeah in x39 or 223,,,, YOU BETCHA!!!

If so,,,,, there is absolutely no doubt at all in my mind I'd be getting one then!!!!

Fire up the mill and get busy boys and girls!!!

Feedback Score

Thanks guys.

At least with .22LR it is affordable to shoot.

I think a 7.62 x 39mm version would be very cool. But then again the original 7.92 x 33 would be alright too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yes x33 Kurz would great if you could find the ammo now, that too has gone the way of the Phoenix by the looks, like lots of others lately. The surplus supplies have to be pretty much dried up by now I'm sure, at least I haven't seen any surplus in a bit now.

I can't really think of anything right off that's been chambered in that caliber sense WW11. I still see Privi and PPU available,,occasionally, but it's in the 14-20 dollar price range per box when you do and @ pretty limited supplies when you do happen to find it.

I'm just ,,,SO GLAD,,, I stocked on all flavors of ammo real good before this latest bout of supply/high price,BS happened. I've probably got enough to last the rest of my lifetime at this point, no matter how much I shoot. It did cost me about 10K to do so, but I should be just fine with that and what I already had on stock. I'm thinking this is how the "gun control" stuff will ultimately bring down the shooting sports, as others have said before. Some stuff's coming back, but at much higher prices compared to a year ago. Lake City stuff is still crazy, with the cheapest I've found being 60 cents and up per round,,,,that's just nuts!!! Some of the steel cased stuff is available now,, but it's running 40 -45 cents a round too,,,WAY TO MUCH!!!!

I wounder what the next year or so will bring? Price wise. It could really go either way at this point IMO,it all depends on the political climate and if the politicians listen to the people or not,,,,we'll see!

Thanks for all the pics and info/reviews on the "new toy" Fyred Up. It's sweat, I still have a weak spot for those WW11 style guns, I just can't help myself. I'll keep an eye out for any good deals on mags for you, and I'll keep you posted if I do,, later.

Feedback Score

Okay, I cleaned the StG 44 last night.

It breaks down VERY easy the only pin you need to remove to clean it is the pin that hold the stock on. Be prepared because the workings are under spring tension and will come out under some force if you don't hang on.

I was surprised at the amount of lead build up in the barrel near the chamber. I was getting 1/4 inch long slivers of lead out of the barrel and at first it was hard to get the bore brush through. Other than that it cleaned up pretty easy. Reassembly was easy as there are really only 3 parts to put back in before you fold it back up, and put the butt stock back on. For me it was one of the easiest guns I have ever disassembled, cleaned and reassembled.

Time to go shooting again! I need a couple of more magazines but unfortunately they are still on back order, and pretty pricey!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I still haven't seen any for you yet either. I'm surprised too, went to a fun shop that carries all the GOOD STUFF, and they had none. But still be keeping an eye out for ya.

If you're getting slivers like that you just might have a machining burr somewhere that got missed, I had a 10/22 that did that once. I found a small burr next to the slot for the extractor,, right at the outer edge of the chamber,,,a couple light licks with a jewelers file,,,,fixed. That could be you're case too, look in that area real close. If it has a very small slot showing on the barrel face,, chamber end, That can leave a pretty sharp edge there that will shave lead, just on general principal I'd probably do it anyhow,, if you have a slight slot showing there.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I still haven't seen any for you yet either. I'm surprised too, went to a fun shop that carries all the GOOD STUFF, and they had none. But still be keeping an eye out for ya.

If you're getting slivers like that you just might have a machining burr somewhere that got missed, I had a 10/22 that did that once. I found a small burr next to the slot for the extractor,, right at the outer edge of the chamber,,,a couple light licks with a jewelers file,,,,fixed. That could be you're case too, look in that area real close. If it has a very small slot showing on the barrel face,, chamber end, That can leave a pretty sharp edge there that will shave lead, just on general principal I'd probably do it anyhow,, if you have a slight slot showing there.
    I will take a look at that. Thanks for the advice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'm not sure it's set up the same as the 10/22, extractor wise??? If the extractor doesn't fit into a slot on the barrel, and it's a flat faced entrance to the chamber that could have a burr or just sharp edge at the entrance to the chamber that could be causing it. If that's the case, if it's flat, put a countersink bit in a tap "T handle" and a couple light twists should take care of anything there. You don't want to really camber the edge,,much, just enough to clean off any possible burrs or sharp edges.

I've seen slivers of lead caused by both senerio's we've talked about.

I'm not familiar with that guns action,, specifically so none of this may apply to your issue, just things on other guns and ways to fix it that I've run into over the years. Hope it helps out.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Bumping this up for those that have one of these.

Mags on sale for $25, don't know how long it's on for
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...rm4440103.html
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.