Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Father's Day Present!

Feedback Score

Default Father's Day Present!

Well, it looks like I don't have to wait until I retire to buy one of these rifles! My wife shocked me this morning with a StG 44 .22LR for Father's Day. She listens pretty well to my ramblings and has known I wanted one of these for quite a while now. So the other day she stopped in at my local gun store and picked one up for me.

I really think it is cool that it comes in a wooden crate like a military weapon used to. The instructions (What real man reads them?) were easy to read and included nice clear photos. Well, I loaded 10 rounds into the magazine and went out and fired it. Very smooth, and for right out of the box, very accurate. My wife fired a couple of rounds and she likes it too. I am going to take it out later and put a couple hundred rounds through it.

Preliminary report...It's very cool!!
    Tommo likes this.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Pictures we need pictures!!! Congrats get present...
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

Here it is! My wonderful wife and I are going to go to the range and have some fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Okay, between my wife and I, probably 200 rounds through it. It is a nice shooter and accurate. To me the one weakness is the magazine, it is finicky to load. And for the love of God don't push the spring release down more than one round or all hell breaks loose inside the magazine with rounds going sideways and upside down and all sorts of kiddiwompas!

All in all a fun gun and a definite keeper!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

How nice was that????
    Sounds like a candidate for a "no tilt " follower though. I had a gun years ago that did that too, don't remember just what it was right now???? It is uber-cool looking IMO,, for sure and from what I'd read there pretty decent quality. I'd love to see one. It looks like you have to have the stock off to put it in the box,right? By the looks of the pics I've seen of them, it looks like it???? Does it have a quick release for the stock or something?

YOU LUCKY DOG YOU!!!! Bet you'll have fun with that!

Feedback Score

Happy Father's day and Congrats on the new StG 44 .22LR she is a beauty. I also received a nice gift from my boy's this morning a new set of CT LG460 laser grips for my Kahr K40.
    Tony

Visit my new blog and photography website
    Tony's Mad As Hell Blog
    www.photographicendeavors.com

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    How nice was that????
    Sounds like a candidate for a "no tilt " follower though. I had a gun years ago that did that too, don't remember just what it was right now???? It is uber-cool looking IMO,, for sure and from what I'd read there pretty decent quality. I'd love to see one. It looks like you have to have the stock off to put it in the box,right? By the looks of the pics I've seen of them, it looks like it???? Does it have a quick release for the stock or something?

YOU LUCKY DOG YOU!!!! Bet you'll have fun with that!
    If you look at the picture about an inch and a half from where the buttstock attaches there is a round button looking thing. It is a rod with a spring clip that is how you attach the butt stock. just push in and twist a little to facilitate sliding it through.

Yes, the stock has to come off to put it in the box.

I need at least 3 more magazines for it and a sling.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Olcoot View Post
    Happy Father's day and Congrats on the new StG 44 .22LR she is a beauty. I also received a nice gift from my boy's this morning a new set of CT LG460 laser grips for my Kahr K40.
    Happy Father's Day to you too!

Laser sights are cool. I am looking at the Smith and Wesson .380 with the laser for my wife.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh ya, I see the button you're referring to. Hows about a picture in the box???

Is the fit and finish quality as good as I've read, or is that just another gun writers story, from someone that thinks every gun is great?? It's hard to get an honest review from many places now. Well these guys,, are ,,getting paid to write reviews and they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them . Can't blame them but hard to believe most reviews.

Rifleman is kinda like that, there testing guns and giving them great write ups and there shooting 2 MOA groups with high priced ammo,,,WTF?? I'd peddle something like that, or send it back till it shot straight. Good Lord!!!! That's a POS in my opinion. But you won't hear that from them!

I'd rather ask someone that really owns one and knows guns, what somethings really like. I don't know if I'd ever shoot one much myself, but they would defiantly be desirable for something unique for the collection. I don't really see many being made so it might be a neat one to have. Maybe for a younger guy anyhow, I won't live long enough to see any real appreciation in value, but you younger guys keep one pristine for 30-35 years or more with the box and paperwork,, then you're talking.

But I really do like the looks, and I've handled a WW11 STG 44 before and they defiantly have the "OH COOL" factor working for them. I might have to see if I can find one around here, I haven't seen one yet. I'd like to get a look at them.

Kinda like my NIB match Garrand is for me, I get offers for that almost every month sometimes several inquiries, good ones too, but that's my emergency fund, no sale! If I don't need it,,, it will be a good inheritance for one of the kids.

One of those STG's would unfortunately probably end up in my buds bank vault, if I did get one. That's where my Garrand is, the wood box is to big for a safe, and I have no more room for more safes,,,,

Gezzzzz,,,, now I think about it,,,

what a delema to have,,,,,OH Boo Hoo !!!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I got a wheel barrow.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.