Gunco Forums banner

Why I Like Glocks

794 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
Yes, the Glock is an ugly hunk of plastic and metal. Yes, it is ridiculed by some as the "tupperware" pistol. Yes, some people turn their noses down at the thought of a Glock. It's kind of "cool" to be anti-Glock, particularly on gun forums where some regard it as a mark of their knowledge of firearms to "hate the plastic pistol" etc. Others just don't like it because they think it is has, well, a face only a mother would love. There's nothing stylish about a Glock. On the other hand: they do what they are made to do, reliably. They are very easy to maintain. They require little by way of training to learn how to get it to go bang. Some hate that they have no external safety. With a round in the chamber, all you do is pull the trigger and it goes bang and you keep pulling the trigger until the magazine runs out of ammo. That's good, for some, bad for others.

But, frankly, I like Glocks because they have a proven track record of simply working. They just work.

So, without further ado: here is my "Why I Like Glock" video, and, as always, offered respectfully, FWIW, mindful that YMMV.

[video=youtube;whvb0uIch0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whvb0uIch0k]WHY I LIKE GLOCKS ? BECAUSE THEY JUST WORK! - YouTube[/video]

#2 ·
I am a Glock convert. In looking for another Colt Delta Elite, all I could find were out of my price range. When a like new glock 20 came up for sale, I bought it. Ugly, and didn't feel right in my hand. I wasn't sure I had made a very smart purchase until I took it to the range. After 1 mag I was hooked. Tight groups, controllable recoil, great presentation out of the holster. Whats not to like?

#3 ·
Self admitted Glock Fanboy. Not the best pistol in the world, but I could still find a justification as to why it is :lol: Reliable, accurate and proven track record. If it's good enough to protect the pope it's gotta say something right?

#4 ·
I am ambivalent on Glocks.

I don't like the way they feel in my hand, and that is why I won't own one. BUT, I won't try to convince you not to buy one if it is what you want.

Choices, it's what makes the shooting hobby fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.