Thread: tight magwell on m11

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default tight magwell on m11

i have an SWD m11 that has a magwell so tight that i have to use a lot of force to insert and remove a mag. got to looking and notice a very slight concavity in the well like this (exagerated but you get the point).

i can spread it out a hair but unsure the best way to do it. drive a mandrel thru the well or use some kind of spreader???

i am afraid to start taking too much metal off the mags. the poly mags i have would not hold up very long if i thinned them down.

any suggestions?
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I had a similar issue. What I did was to go to Home Depot and purchased some 1/4 bar stock, think it was either 1.5 or 3 inches wide. I cut two of them to about the length of the mag well plus about 2 inches. I drilled a hole in it of the face of the vice on each side. I then placed the mag over the two bars and slowly open the vice and spread the mag apart. Do so slowly as you well have a great deal leverage and you can over do it.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You could do the same basic thing by shaping one piece to iron out the magwell to the right shape, then a bigger piece to cover one end. Use some all-thread and a nut to pull the anvil through to iron out the magwell.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.