Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GlocK BIY

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The idea of the airsoft frame to make glocks first started on roderus homebuilders, there where even some airsoft ar lowers that could be converted, yes there is a extensive thread on WG
    yes pookie its a steel metal insert that assists supporting the frame to the glock upper, which in aftermarket are common

I never went this route myself nor have I made anything out of a shovel or a beer can
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Never went that route but made a couple out of police confiscation frame destroy pistols.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Never went that route but made a couple out of police confiscation frame destroy pistols.
    how did you do that, members here and at weapons guide want to know
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    I had to read that thread further because he doesn't actually describe what he is doing. OK so he is making a glock "frame" in the most bare-bones definition. Starting with some sheet metal to make the frame. Is that a kit or did he bend the sheet metal himself? It appears to be a BIY kit of some sort? You still have to have the glock slide assembly so he is just making a metal skeleton for the lower. Looks like some sheet metal work.
    the frame is an 80% kit. The kit was already stamped and machined for you. You need to weld the pieces together and drill a few holes. The difference between artisan and factory made things is consistency. Making a one-off of anything is cool, but is somewhat useless.

I'm not really a big fan of putting airsoft stuff on a gun. I would rather see those metal pieces replaced in favor of a 1911-style metal frame. Now THAT would be interesting!
    Glock slides are firearms (thanks to ATF being oblivious to it) You can chamber a round into a slide and fire it as a single shot with your bare hands, 100% safe! Yes, I have done it.

Unlike other pistols (mentioned in the build), Glock frames are purely a "decoration" that holds the mag and FCG. Frame could be made out of anything that will hold shape: paperclips, plastic, steel.

The point of the build is that there is a way to build a pistol with minimum of skills, do so reliably, consistently and repeatedly. The end result is not some mad build, it's a reliable platform, proven by time, parts for which will never run dry as would the ammo (it shoots 4 different rounds)

I was hoping that builders can build something more useful than a huge rifle, do so safely and still add their own touch (unicorns, wood etc.)

I looked at that shovel build. Agree, the cool part is the SHOVEL STEEL is made into the receiver! Someone needs to get that man a cutter that cuts in straight lines - I don't think there's a parallel surface on that entire receiver! LOL
    You saw the vodka in the picture, right? As long as critical dimensions are OK, it will fire. I am a utilitarian although I do appreciate beauty.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    The idea of the airsoft frame to make glocks first started on roderus homebuilders, there where even some airsoft ar lowers that could be converted, yes there is a extensive thread on WG
    yes pookie its a steel metal insert that assists supporting the frame to the glock upper, which in aftermarket are common

I never went this route myself nor have I made anything out of a shovel or a beer can
    I have seen some builds of converting airsoft frames into useful tools. The problem there is that you need whatever the other builder was using or you are on your own. You are dependent on some company to make that airsoft piece if you want to replicate the experience. Again, doing a one-off is great, but many builders, me included, would like others to replicate or re-use my experience in pursuit of other or similar builds.

I have considered doing a combo build with part plastic-part steel. Again, it comes down to consistency and ability of other people to follow your steps. I made molds and considered making/selling castable plastic to build your own frames. It's costly and harder to duplicate. Other people may not have equipment to de-gas etc., but most everyone knows how to weld, grind and drill holes.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    how did you do that, members here and at weapons guide want to know
    Guy use to sell complete parts sets with cut frames (only half & never with serial number) at the Houston gun shows. Revolvers frame cuts weren't worth the trouble. Semiauto usually had the magwell end. Was picky and tried to stick with stainless frames although I did buy a couple of carbon steel frames. One of the coolest was a stainless American Derringer in 45acp. It was cut behind the trigger pin and the hinge portion was cut. All I got was the grip with the hammer and firing pin area intact. Did material analysis on stainless and Smiths were 400 series and ADC were PH stainless. Grafted in roughed out proper mater ial and TIGed in place. Finished machined them with educated guessing. Member here Trueno (AKforum) has seen some of my work over the years. Have a 4506-1 frame half that I've held on to over the years. Found out the hard way 4506 & 4506-1 slides aren't interchangeable by buying a parts kit on fleabay ten years ago. Since then have acquired the -1 kit and a 4516 top end for a convertible pistol. Just another project in a list of projects.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by _Boris_ View Post

Glock slides are firearms (thanks to ATF being oblivious to it) You can chamber a round into a slide and fire it as a single shot with your bare hands, 100% safe! Yes, I have done it.
    Luger can be fired in a similar manner as it has a striker, plus a 80 year head start.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    Boris is from my area and belongs to the same local (new england based) forum that I do. He is definitely quite a character. Here is his post from that forum http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...ron-glock.html

His build an AK from a shovel thread is legendary, with well over a million views.
    http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...i-warning.html
    Boris is definitely the sh*t!!!!! I've read his shovel AK thread before, and it's absolute genious!!! Reminds me of some of my bastard builds with home made flats. .063" flat stock from McMaster-Carr, a few beers and my Poor Man's Jig and it's on!!! LOL.

Boris fantastic job on both the Glock and AK.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Boris and fellow members is there any reason why this frame kit couldn't work for the 19/23 series top ends and lower parts, since the recoil spring shroud is so short? Going with full size or 19/23 mags would be an easy magwell cut.
    Boris went to your NE shooters forum read your post there. Well written and good humor.
    Nice build and thanks for sharing. Tommo thanks for posting his build here on Gunco!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Boris and fellow members is there any reason why this frame kit couldn't work for the 19/23 series top ends and lower parts, since the recoil spring shroud is so short? Going with full size or 19/23 mags would be an easy magwell cut.
    yes, it's doable but there are kits already to cover it

Marigold: G17,22, 31
    Daisy: G26, 27, 33
    Snapdragon: 19, 23, 32

if it shoots 9mm, 40 or 357, there is a kit for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.