Gunco Forums banner

New Carry..

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
Was carrying my Glock 36.. But switched now to a Colt .45 Special Agent.. Put Hogue grips on it.. No fixed sights, trench sight.. Just a grove down the top..
Checked the Kimbers, Springfield's, lot of small carry weapons. But this one just felt best.. No range test yet. Not even sure if it works..
Show your carry..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
4th - I have a family member that has one and seems to really like it. They put the Crimson trace laser grip on it. I'll have to ask if they did anything else to it - but I know it is their everyday carry piece.

#5 ·
Yeah it has a weird recoil spring. No idea how it shoots, probably never shoot the thing, just leave it in the box like half the crap I buy..
Not sure on the 500 rounds Rails.. That is not many to replace the spring??
Sniper.. Yes I think you can get them with add on lazer beams or whatever they are? Way my hands shake whatever I am aiming at would probably laugh at me..

#6 ·
Thought about getting one but the LGS price is a bit much. They look good as well. I like the trench site idea (sort of like the old Detonics Pocket Nine).

#7 ·
Yes Sir. MSRP is something like $1,050 or some damn insanity.. Even on FunBroker their $900 something used.. Hell for that kind of money I could hire a bodyguard..
$750 brand new plus tax out the door on sale.. Harry Beckwith fun shop.. Old Harry was pretty well known in the gun world. Old WWII Vet.. New owners now.. But they refused to price gouge during the rush, now, they have my business..
I have yet to fire it.. 7 in the stack and one in the pipe.. I have semi old large hands and it fits well.. Very comfortable.. Also takes extended mags that fit any standard 1911..
Sold the Glock.. Very nice weapon, but it made me nervous to keep one in the chamber.. Trigger safety made me nervous..
Getting ready for a right shoulder replacement. So I did not care if I blew my own shoulder off. But dear God I did not want and accidental misfire hurt someone else..
So so many nice small carry weapons out there now.. You really have to put them in your hand see what feels best.. I like this with no fixed sights.. No snags.. Close quarters for sure..
Damn. Everything seems to be getting expensive.. Inflation.. I leave the house with my girlfriend "Imelda Marcos" and drop a $100 bill. Geez its crazy out there..

#9 ·
I've got so many different damn carry pieces it would take up 2 pages worth of pictures,most are all mid sized to compact size 45's and 9mm high caps, CZ 9's and 380's a Baretta or two and for beaters, P-64's ,makorov's, and a old 357 and a 38snubbie, "deep cover" shorts type guns, the bodyguard, a couple different small Taurus's, and for last ditch vest pocket guns,, a little North Americian 22 Derringer and a 22 over and under rotating barrel derringer I built, and a colt copy single shot 32 rimfire side swing barrel derringer which I built too. Of course when weight and conceilability isn't a factor,,,my good old trusty Springfield match 45 is my stand by,,,she Never miss's. That one has the most miles on it sense I've had it for probably 35 years or more and have carried it for eons it seems like. She's like my third hand and is the "wrath of God" as I refer to her !!

Chit,,, I've even been known to carry several at one time ,, depending on circumstances,,,,after all,,What ya going to do when ya run outa buelts?? ,,, I'd just pull out a fresh one ,,,,myself!!!!:gunsmilie:2guns::lol::lol: Only sissy's reload!!!!:nono:

A few of my friends and I went to the range for the day a few years back and we said the night before,,, bring as many concealed guns as you can carry just for shits. I'd thought I'd set the world a fire by showing up with 18,, till one of my buds showed up with 32!!! HOLLY CRAP!!!

I thought he looked a bit "lumpy-er " than normal!! :lol::lol: CHIT!!! He even had one in his Ass Crack for christs Sake,,, now that's creative!!

Get out there and shoot that hogs leg 4th,,ya don't want it to feel left out and all lonely,, now do ya??:nono: Slacker!!!

That's a very nice piece,,for sure, 4th. I'd looked at a Springfield stainless one pretty much like that one 3-4 years back,that came out of the custom shop and that bad boy was 14-15 something!!! OUCH !!!! To frigging rich for my blood! Lots of people don't think those "troth" type sights are very good,,,I shoot very well with them myself, I don't know what the issue is, there real fast at target acquisition,, I like them quite well, if there of decent size of course. Yours being a Colt,, I'm pretty damn sure everything is perfect and well executed, Colts always are IMO, I love um. I'm jealous,,,

#10 ·
Location is always a problem with carry.. Florida, cept for a few months, shorts and light shirt are the norm.. To carry concealed gets a bit tough..
http://www.activeprogear.com/holsters.html
Top left is surprisingly comfortable.. Even with a light T shirt it does not print.. Not a quick draw holster, but hell better than nothing..
Got to get this right shoulder replaced.. My right arm is like a stick, I can't even pick up a beer with the damn thing..
With these Heroes coming out of the Desert.. Ortho is so backed up down here, they have to Fee basis us out to private hospitals... I might have to shoot it offhand.. Be good practice..

#12 ·
I'd seen those holster before 4th,, have you had yours long enough to see how they hold up? I've had issues with the elastic types giving up the ghost pretty quickly. I hadn't had one in a long time so maybe the elastic is better now, is retention OK too? That always seemed to be an issue with mine when carrying a heavy-ish gun, it never seemed to stay in place very well and the elastic didn't last very long, If I remember right mine was toast in about a year of only occassional use. The one I did have was comfortable too, even though it had other issues with it.

Whats the poop 4th? Any good?

#13 ·
Yes pretty good.. I don't really carry a lot as I have 3 Black Belts in Kung Fu.. But no mine seems to hold up pretty good.. Hell lifetime guarantee.. Do not use a lot of bleach when you wash it.. Just send it back and they will send you a new one..

No time limits, no return authorizations, no gimmicks, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. If you are ever not satisfied with an item, just return it, at any time, for a complete refund or exchange
http://www.activeprogear.com/benefits.html

#17 ·
Oh my God Twin.. You want to laugh.. Uncle Tom, God rest his soul, just passed.. Damn I wish I saved his picture..
He came here from Detroit.. Swear to God.. He wore a flowered shirt, black socks up too his knees..Black shined shoes, straw hat, cigar, speckled sun glasses and went too the beach in Daytona.. Talk about laugh.. Damn I loved him.. The ultimate Yankee tourist.. :rofl:

#16 ·
," to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense."
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.053.html

Kernel I do not know? Please, you read the law and tell me? Dang problem, as I mentioned.. Legal concealed carry holders were going about their business down here.. Well due to light clothing, Sister Mary spotted the weapon and called the Police.. Poor L.O.s got involved and got fed up.. Leave the guy alone he is legal..
So to rectify the problem they, I guess, made appearance of a weapon legal?? One of our members of our forum is a member of the Florida CCW forum.. To answer your question, I really do not know?
Again. Not kidding. Concealed is very very difficult in warm weather, unless your James Bond.. So I guess?? They passed that law to help.. Hell I do not know. You guys read it and tell me?
Our Deputies Lake County, thank God, are 100% pro gun. So we really do not worry to much..

#18 ·
Lots of people don't think those "troth" type sights are very good,,,I shoot very well with them myself, I don't know what the issue is, there real fast at target acquisition,,
these guns are about self defense not target shooting there made for a guy thats 10 feet away trying to hurt you .

I agree they should work pretty well an not snag . one less thing to go wrong .

nice gun Id love to have it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.