Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SKS bullpup

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default SKS bullpup

I am thinking of getting this: http://sgworks.com/store-page/ Good reviews, and I may start shooting my sks again if I get the stock. Anyone here have experience with it?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

iNTERESTING

Feedback Score

One of the guys at work has one. I sold him a Yugo mismatch sewer pipe bore rifle to build it. He cut the barrel back to 16" and is pleased with it. He did have cycling issues but replaced the gas cup (?) that is in the gas block and fixed it. Remember him saying he liked using Tapco 20rd mags. If it was mine would look into adapting/using AK mags.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've looked at one in the past too and still have it on my radar but will wait till there a bit more reasonable.

One thing I'd noticed on them, but hadn't heard any comments about one way or the other, the cable adjustment. It seems there's no lock nut to keep the adjuster from moving, not sure if it would or not, but just something I'd noticed from videos that could be a real issue if it tightened up. I also question how easy it would be to clean the gun,,the action don't look like an issue but the gas tube sure does, you'll need to remove several screws to get at that by the looks.

If you get one keep us posted, I'd like one but for >250 + by the time it gets here with a extended mag release and rail, I'm thinking there just a bit to spendy for my tastes and I'd want to make damn sure they were perfect before I'd plunk that much down for one. I'm sure not going to pay more for a stock for a SKS than I paid for the gun to start with.

Hopefully they've gotten the top cover hinge issues fixed. I'd seen and heard that they fall off and are just glued in place, plus they don't fit well besides and sometimes need modification to fit flush with the surrounding stock surfaces. I haven't seen one in person so I can't say for sure, but the interweb reviews point out those issues.

The top cover could be a real issue sense your cheek rests there and if it was to fall off while you were shooting,, would it catch up your cheek in the action or cause flash burns from the action cycling. I don't like the sounds of that.

I've had "M-1 Thumb" before and I don't think I'd want a SKS hanging off my cheek!!!! Or the bolt carrier sliding across my face,,, That would suck!!!!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thats one of the nicer "looking" bullpups out there.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If it was mine would look into adapting/using AK mags.
    +1 I was thinking the same thing

It looks like a nice kit
    Any one check to see if there's any thing on YouTube? I will later
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Lots of vids on youtube. I been researching it quite a bit, and most are happy with it. A few minor complaints, like the top cover hinge coming off. Like twa said its glued on. I think anyone here could put a permanent fix on it. Heres a nice camo paint job on one with a pretty girl shooting it in the latter part of the vid.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Was also looking at this adapter as an alternative to adapting it to AK mags. http://www.thesksmagadapter.com/ I adapted one to use AK mags once and it was a pita. This one uses modified Tapco 20 rnd sks mags.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks very much for the link!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.