Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Revolver for protection against bears

Feedback Score

It is a freaky feeling to walk outside and a bear is 15feet away just looking at you. My wife carries an airhorn and a 9mm when she's walking the dog in the morning. I think they're both noisemakers but it should give me time to get outside with something better (bigger)

Feedback Score

Oh yeah shoot a coyote you gef a bounty shoot a bear you get a 1000 $ fine.go figure

Feedback Score

Thanks for all the info. I passed it along.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Bears can be very hard to kill. And once you shoot them, they can get angry and will attack and **** you up.

A .44 Magnum would be the very smallest thing I'd consider for bears. If there was any serious chance I'd have to take on a bear, I'd just jump to the .500 S&W.

Lots of people shoot bears with .44s, and even .357s... but there's a huge difference between hunting a bear, choosing your position, and shooting one from a distance, and between having one step out from around a building or tree a dozen feet from you.
    Actually good info their TRX... Their are so many here, I just pretty much ignore them.. Every single night they are in my dirt road in front of the house here..
    Their like giant racoons with black fur.. I do not mind them.. Just make some noise or ignore them and they will leave you alone.. Do NOT never ever feed them.. Like a gator, they will associate your hand with food. Not good.
    When they are trying to get in my garbage, I have super strong garbage cans. I found that a "Tall Boy" full beer aimed at their head, seems to work fairly well.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

bear attacks in wi are very very rare . he should be more concerned with the wolves that are getting bolder . they have been seen south of Madison an over near occonamowoc, marshal, watertown IMO the DNR is full of crap on there numbers .

three were seen near the interstate last year near Stoughton about a mike from I90 buy bow hunters . suspodely a guy has them on trail cameras as well . They dont often harm humans either . but Id be more scared of them than bears for some reason.

any way if he is attacked for real an need to really stop a full grown pissed one it better be some thing big . I doubt it will ever happen even if he tried to get attacted .

A 44 mag is fun to shoot Im sure a 357 will do just fine . there are some big bears in WI up north.

I go up north trout fishing an I have very littel worry about bears . I have a 357 in the truck however in camp . Id honetly shoot in the air before shooting a big bear unless it was running stright at me . a pissed off wounded bear would be really bad .

Feedback Score

I cooked a bear roast in a crock pot with potatoes onions and what ever and it tasted like it came out of his ass.deer meat tho...season is almost here!

Feedback Score

The big goofy ate all the cherries he could reach off my trees and then took a crap in my yard should have left a roll of charmin for him

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    The big goofy ate all the cherries he could reach off my trees and then took a crap in my yard should have left a roll of charmin for him
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

I like watching bears but when they start watching me...you know

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

We have nuisance bears here (Griz and Black bear). When I hike in the back country I carry a S&W .500.

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.