Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Lion Repellant

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

we had plenty of mountain lions/panthers back in the 90s -- haven't seen any since those days.

i suspect they got eaten by all the bears and wild hogs we have today!

i don't think you need anything "special" to take one out -- less you need an excuse for a new iron to keep the misses happy!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default j4

Many names for those big cats.. California, Colorado, they started making a comeback.. They are very very territorial, defending their territory to the death..
    Wildlife officials took notice of the increase in the big cats.. They wanted to start eliminating some, their were to many. They knew their was going to be problems, with the newer ones moving into developed A.O.s.. No place else to go..
    Well the hairy spotted owl lovers went bezerk.. "Don't kill the pretty kitties." O.K..
    Was not long before the Wardens phones were ringing off the hook.. "A big cat just ate Fifi my poodle. Help."
    Mainly California. Attacks on humans was getting out of control.. They started the cull..

"Mountain Lion Attacks On People in the U.S. and Canada"
    Mountain lion attacks on people apparently increased dramatically since 1986. For example, in California, there were two fatal attacks in 1890 and 1909, and then no further attacks for 77 years, until 1986. From 1986 through 1995, nine verified attacks occurred, an average rate of almost one per year. Attacks were numerous enough to form a support group for attack victims, called California Lion Awareness (CLAW; Outside, 10/95).
    http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks.html

Link is for attacks on humans.. God knows how many peoples pets disappeared? Main attacks were on mountain joggers or bike riders.. We saw people getting healthy, they saw moving dinner..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

"A big cat just ate Fifi my poodle. Help."
    Mainly California. Attacks on humans was getting out of control.. They started the cull..
    YEA MY DAD AN UNCLE USED TO HUNT THEM BACK INTHE DAY WITH DOGS IN CALIFRONIA THEN ALL THE REEE HUGERES DECIDED THEY WOULD REATHER HAVE CATS THAN DEER, AN EVERY OTHER ANIMAL IN THE WOODS . THE DEER POPULATION GOT HIT HARD IN A LOT OF AREAS .

BUT STILL MORE PEOPLE ARE HIT BY LIGHTNING THAN KILLED BY CATS ID BET .

Feedback Score

Finally the DNR is admitting that officially we have cougars in N Wisconsin.
    Since more and more people have trail cameras and submit pictures with cougars to the the DNR, they cannot say it's the same cat no more.
    They say as it's not native to WI any cat can be shot on the spot...

As to the subject... any documentary or reading about these cats, any attack on a human was from behind and stealth. Unless it attacks somebody else while you whiteness it there is no way you can fight back.

Feedback Score

I had a 1955 target smith with a 4inch barrel.45acp with full moon clips that was the bomb incarry outdoor carry guns. Gave it to my son. Wish I had kept it a little bit longer.

Feedback Score

We had bobcats until a couple years ago. Don't know where they went. Really appreciated their lines

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

We have had a couple confirmed sightings of Catamounts,,what there called here, and attacks on cows just down the road from her 1/2 mile or so away about 8-10 years ago. I'm sure I'd seen it before once but couldn't be sure enough to confirm a sighting sense it just flashed across the road in front of me just after dark and I only got a brief glimpse of it. I know there's nothing else with a long tail like them around here so I'm pretty sure it was. There black around here, not buff colored like in the West. Mt lions and panthers are 2 different species I believe, but in the same family. Panthers are black and Mt lions are buff. Same species, different genies if I'm not mistaken.

We have Bobcats around here like crazy,to me there to pretty to hunt, I'd rather just watch them and learn from them. There great little hunters.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Florida Panther Facts

Protect the Florida Panther

or Lose Her Forever

What is the Species?

Puma concolor coryi. The Florida Panther is a subspecies of cougar that has
    adapted to the subtropical environment of Florida.
    http://bigcatrescue.org/florida-panther-facts/

https://www.google.com/search?q=flor...2F%3B609%3B405
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talk about timing - there's an article in one of this month's gun magazines about hunting lion with a .45 pistol. Guess I will be OK with whatever My biggest concern is making sure my husky doesn't wander off - she likes to run off for an overnight outing in the woods. Chance she would become cat food if she does it out there! Will have to arrange a fence or something to keep her close by.

Feedback Score

Go with a 45colt or 44 mag I just really like like the portability of my Taurus tracker.I even use it as my concealed carry. But i did buy the right holsters for it and at 215 lbs it hides well enough!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.