Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone contribute information on this pistol?

Feedback Score

1902 was first year 9mm Luger, sounds like your thinking Red 9 Broomhandles

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Marry that woman just don't tell her why!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I very well may have been willie, I didn't realize the 9's went back as far as 04,,I was thinking the teens was when they came out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ok the germany stamp was required after 1912, part of the import restriction, lots of post WW1 german firearms have this stamp
    nice pistol! real artillery Lugers go for a good buck, do the mags match, does it have the original holster

I am a member over at Jan still's Luger site artilleries are not my specialty so ask your question there, they love helping new folks
    http://luger.gunboards.com/

so for god sake don't clean it make it look pretty or shoot it, Jan still is the leading authority, they may want clearer pictures

Sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

jrs
    Feedback Score

Thanks for the redirect, Sprat.

To my knowledge the holster in the picture is the same holster she remembers with it when she was 9 yo (mid 50's now). There is only one mag with it and I tried to get a pic of the serial # on the bottom but those came out blurred.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    ok the germany stamp was required after 1912, part of the import restriction, lots of post WW1 german firearms have this stamp
    nice pistol! real artillery Lugers go for a good buck, do the mags match, does it have the original holster

I am a member over at Jan still's Luger site artilleries are not my specialty so ask your question there, they love helping new folks
    http://luger.gunboards.com/

so for god sake don't clean it make it look pretty or shoot it, Jan still is the leading authority, they may want clearer pictures

Sprat
    I learned something new. Always look for pre-68 non importers stamped but wasn't aware of post 1912 germany stamp and figured it to be commercial thing, Stoger or VLD imports. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I,m guessing but with the markings on the pistol be for the china's imperial army before ww2 ,cause didn't they use german arms . I seen pictures of them with german helmets on . Like I said just guessing .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Oh that's nice! I wish I had one. My father was asked by his boss in the early 60's if he would take a crate of lugers made for Sweden and try to sell them for $35-40 ea. Dad said he wanted one but that was a weeks pay. This one went for $3499!http://www.gunsamerica.com/962970889...Luger_7_65.htm
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I used to have a Luger book around here someplace,now I need it, ya think I can find it? Hell no!!!! I though I might be able to track down the stampings for ya,,guess not, sorry I'm no help on this one.

I had a box of reference books that Pa had and I can't seem to find them anyplace,,not a clue where they went?????
    Hope I didn't lend them out then forget to who,,,,,done that before.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

the germany stamp was due with import regulation applied by american importers, it was heavily discussed recently on jan stills luger forum, this practice ceased at the start of WW2

again the venue is the site above they are the guys forget old books

JRS I looked for your post, also that holster is beat up but the luger holster repair guy jerry Burney can repair and replace missing parts

the answers are to be found on that site
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.