Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone contribute information on this pistol?

jrs
    Feedback Score

Default Can anyone contribute information on this pistol?

Went out to dinner with a good friend last night. When I went to pick her up she showed me what she just received from her father.

Googling I keep coming back to the same 3 or 4 sights with little information.

I'm pretty sure from the markings it's a 1914 P08 Artillery model from the Erfurt Armory.

Anyone able to help me out with any more information?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

jrs
    Feedback Score

And the left side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

OH BABY !!! Look at all those matching #, that old girl is in pretty good shape. How's the barrel? And is it a 30 or a 9mm? Probably a 30 being 1914 vintage though.

I wish I could help you out on that one but I don't know much about them,,other than I love them. Those and the P-38's & P1's, I've got a pristine P-1 I shoot occasionally and it's sweat. If Pa was alive still he could probably tell you just which smith built it,, he knew Lugers backwards and forwards and every detail and any nuance about every model ever made. He loved those things too, but knew lots about them, where as I don't. He had some beauty's too,,several !!

They were amongst one of the first hand guns I ever shot when I was a kid though, that and Gramps SA Colt,,don't know what happened to that one? Sadly Pa sold his collection later in life and at that point I didn't have 2 extra nickles to rub together.

Drat !!

It would ,,CERTAINLY,,,be well loved here in Vt,,,, should she ever wish to part with it,,,,

but I'm sure it has immense sentimental value to her if it was her Dads and has some history to go with it.

I copied the pics for referencing the proofs and I'll see what I might be able to find out about it too.

jrs
    Feedback Score

Hey TWA. It is a 9mm. Forgot to add that. The barrel is showing wear but the rifling looks good still. Only had about 10 minutes with it and snapped the pics. Going to see if she'll let me have it for a few hours to take down, clean and oil. And get better pics and a more thorough inspection.

Her dad had three of them. Not sure if he brought them back, his father did, or they were acquired.

And the line forms HERE! Bellson hasn't seen the pics yet, but when I told him about it he started jumping up and down and acting like a crazy doggy. I think he might want it too.
    jrs
    --

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

#1 it ain't plastic--

#2 it don't look like it was made in china--

#3 its a KEEPER!

Feedback Score

Nice pistol. The Germany marking has me puzzled. Seen to remember this artillery model was shoulder stock approved but not sure about current regulations. I have a 1937 S/42 and not shoulder approved. Love GERMAN PRE 1945 firearms. Have P38 42 AC marked Walther and several Broomhandles.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

NICE ID LOVE TO HAVE IT . I BE NICE TO HER IF I WAS YOU,

Feedback Score

i 2nd that ^^^^

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Super nice!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Jrs,,,don't let Bellson get tooooo close,,he'll just drool all over it!!!! Kids ya know!!!! I gave up all the older ones I wouldn't or couldn't shoot. It was nice having a bunch of things like peperbox's, ,Brown Bess's, Kentucky squirrel rifles ect , but much more fun if you can shoot them.

I kinda expected that to be 30 Luger myself, must of been one of the early 9's. Myself I don't even know when the 9mm was first out, I was thinking mid or post WW1 era, not as far back as 1914,,anyone know off the top of there head?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.