Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Toy

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

For Sale

http://www.westernemporium.com/store/001731W.php#

twa.. Super nice weapon.. .45 LC will take the leg off a grizzly bear. .357 will go through two grizzly bears.
    O.K. so my new Colt Agent was shooting left. My Glock model 36 was shooting left. My AR was shooting left. I was so pissed I was thinking about becoming a left winger..
    Now hold on with your sights, it might be your hand and or finger grip and not the sights? Was finding my new Colt also shooting low.. I was putting my off hand, left, under my right like a cup.. Watched a You Tube on hand position. So I put my left hand, with index finger straight out under the slide. Bingo, no more low..
    It kept the weapon from dropping when I squeezed the trigger..
    Adjust your trigger finger when shooting. Try different position lengths on your finger when firing.. You may be pulling slightly and not even notice it. Might just not be your sights?
    Old dogs, new tricks.

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2...rrections.html
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Coils this one is a 357 mag. There availability in several different barrel lengths and calibers. Check the Century sight and you might just find what you're looking for. There a damn well built gun for 269 that's for sure, just hope I cypher out why it shoots like it does ,,or if it's just me not used to it. It did after all hit that football sized rock at 70 yards when i compensated for POI, so I'm leaning towards the gun being off. I never have an off day,,Right!!!! Anybody believe that one?

I'll be shooting it more soon and will try out different methods but I've never had issues with shooting any other SA Colt style guns before. I'll bring a rest and experiment with it the next time. I'm thinking if it still shoots left I'll glue a piece of orange plastic to the left side of the front sight about the same thickness as the sight and that just might bring it closer using the orange as the front sight.

I don't really want to butcher it sense it's so pretty and pretty true to the original design. It does have a transfer bar though which i really like, no 5 round carry with this one.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Feedback Score

Skeeter Skelton would put in a vise.I say enjoy it! Why do we build ak's and ar's but carry/shoot sa or da revolvers anyway? I grew up with em is my excuse

Feedback Score

I have always wanted one of these.is the 269 out the door price or before ffl fees?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Stalker1 ,,I grew up with them SA's too and just plain like them myself,,just like old school stuff sometimes. I like smoke poles ,single shots,autos,rifles, handguns,airguns,shotguns,,anything,,
    I don't much care what the gun is,, if it has a trigger, I like to shoot um. And at this point I've shot just about everything know to man over the years,,I am,, an old codular ya know!!!! Had plenty of opportunities to try out or own lots of good stuff over the years. Even got to drive a Abram's tank this year,,that was,,Good fun!!!

adamk222 the 269 was just the gun, then+shipping + ffl transfer,ended up at around 300,, still a fair price IMO. I have only a C&R but I still get the dealer prices on any gun by ordering them myself, just have to pay a $20 transfer fee to one of my local class1 dealer/friends if not a C&R gun. I just order them and pay for them myself and ship them to a class 1 dealer. Most of the guys around here are good with that sense I do allot of other business with them and they make a quick 20 bucks and don't have to tie up there own money or stock a gun they may not sell right off. Good for both of us ,a 3 minute call they make 20 bucks and I pay dealer costs ,,win,, win. Some won't though, but just the gouger guys,,won't generally. There greedy!!!

I did try a temporary piece on the left side of the front sight today and it brought it over just about where it needed to be,so I'll get just the right material ,thickness and color I want, then epoxy that on ,shape it then file the top down to get it just where it needs to be to elevation wise, won't be a biggie at all by the looks. I'd much rather do that than bend it myself and the rear notch is wide enough the front sight will fill the slot nicely after I do. The front sight isn't very thick so there's lots of daylight showing on both sides of the rear notch sight picture right now. That gives me plenty of "wiggle room" to add to the front sight to get it to shoot more to the right. I tried to orient the front sight to the right side of the rear sight notch and it's damn close but not quite. A nice 32nd" thick orange piece added should be just about right and I'll just sight off the orange piece with the original front sight ending up just off to the right of the rear sight notch.

Should work just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.