Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Toy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default New Toy

Finally, this had been on back order sense the end of January . I hope the weather clears I'm chomping at the bits to try it out, it's sleet/snow/raining right now and about 34 with a stiff wind,,,yuck!

It's one of the Lepettia 357 mag versions out of Century. I almost got the 45LC but I don't reload for that caliber or I don't have any ammo . So sense I want to shoot this a bunch I ordered the 357 in the 5.5" barrel sense I have lots of that and 357 is a real good all around caliber anyways and will do most anything in that barrel length.

The fit and finish as you can see is very good other than the front strap stands slightly proud on the grip. But that's being real picky , I think you can see it in the first picture if you look close, very minor though. Metal wise it's 100%, nice workmanship, fit and finish and the case hardening colors are nice. The bluing is much nicer than it looks in the picture too. It has a very tight lock up and is very tight all around with a decent trigger. Very nice for 269 I think.

Time to dig through the extra holster box now, I think I got a couple different ones that will fit, I've got a fast draw rig here somewhere, hope I got the holster to fit the gun that will drop on to the western style belt. I'm sure I got a nylon one or two kicking around for being out and about in the woods with.

I should wear that fast draw rig and my Stetson, cowboy boots and cutting spers with the big roundels (they really Jingle), next trip to Wally World,,that should get a chuckle, there's open carry at it's best for ya!!! It will look like a day at the OK Corral!!!

I'll keep ya posted on how she shoots when this Damn weather clears.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

looks good to me--

i wonder if you could load some 200gr 357s and simulate the 45LC?

would be interesting to try anyway.

i had one of those a few years ago in 45LC it was accurate and very pleasant to shoot with the 200gr light loads --and it gave off a loud but not ear splitting report --sort of like those irons on 'gunsmoke" TV series--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'll probably be shooting 158 SWC gas checked cast out of it mostly and med hot 158 Deep Curl FP for hunting use. That's pretty much the type of bullets that have always worked well in any of my other single actions. My old Super Black Hawk loved the 210 cast swc's and would drive tacks with them. I think I've got some 1/2 jacketed 180's around to try, those should work well too I'd think.

Any of those Keith style bullets seem to work real well in single actions for some reason from my experiance. Plus it's just damn impressive looking at all those big flat points staring at you from the cylinder,,just waiting in the wings!!!
    WHOOOO!!!

Looks like it's clearing up,,,Oh Boy,,,,Oh Boy!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have a 7.5" Blackhawk and reload 45lc and 45acp for my 1911s. With the .357 you can shoot .38 special and even reload with 9mm boolits but the nines won't be too accurate. My first handgun was a single action Italian .357 cowboy gun when I was 19 back around 1972. I would buy a box of .38 special reloads from the local gun shop @$4 for a box of 50. He would give me 50cents off if I returned the brass.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Now load up some cases with black powder for realism. I shot cowboy action .45lc loaded with black. Lots of fun, but messy. Had to thourly clean gun and brass as soon as I got home.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well my son and I went out and dusted off 200 rounds in several different loads and it shoots consistently low left by 6 " both ways,,for both of us with 38 spl or 357 rounds . Once I did figure out where I was shooting I was able to hit a football size rock at about 70 yards pretty regular with it though.

The 6" low won't be an issue to dial in but the shooting left will. A couple careful licks with the file to the front sight will take care of shooting low part,but 6" left is quit a bit to compensate for and more than bending the sight some will take care of I think.
    Any remedies short of bending the front sight anyone can think of ? The front sight blade is not pined in BTW, so I can't make an offset one to compensate, that was my first thought. I've sat around and scratched my head trying to figure out just how how to get shooting straight without butchering stuff up. Even filing the front sight makes me cringe some sense it looks so nice, but have had to do that on more than one single action pistol before, manufactures must leave them extra high so they can be tweaked,,don't know? Seems that way sense most SA's with fixed sights I've had before I had to do that to.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hmmmmm iD ALMOST SEND IT BACK IF THAT FAR OFF .

Feedback Score

Bend the front sight or barrel vice and frame wrench to change front sight timing with filing or peening. Send it back, find a good pistol smith or do it yourself. Am sure you will sort it out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Very nice!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice
    I'd buy one if I come across a 357 model, all the ones I see are 45 lc or 38 spl around here, never understood that
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.