Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: .45 acp carbine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Here in Tampa, the PD lets their officers use the Hi Point 9mm version as a "trunk weapon". It was the early so called "Planet of the Apes" stock. A dealer modified them by separating the stock and epoxying a piece of plywood into the stock so it can be used to "butt stroke" without splitting the stock .

I mush have run at 4-5 500 round cases of Winchester white box through mine without one issue. The only issue was a sore thumbs from loading the 4 magazines so many times. While it is not a wood and steel work of art, the Hi Point carbines are very reliable. Life or death situation? Well, that is not a decision I can make.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yes it is the Czech version,,more or less FU, just a milled receiver, and only 7.3 lbs,It think they are with a empty mag. I really like both of mine very much.

First one I had I couldn't even tell you how many rounds went through it,at least a 100k of corrosive ammo I'd have to guess though, back then that's all you could get, just the Yugo stuff, which at the time was pretty much "new production" !!! I know the end of the barrel was visibly oblong-ed though it had been shot so much!!!! But it still shot pretty well, amazingly, of course everyone and there brother wanted to shoot it back then cause no one had ever seen anything else like it before,,of course!! So every trip to the range it ate at least a K of ammo it seems. I bought it in 1965 or so if I remember right and had it well before most folks had even seen a AK style platform, which it really isn't by the way. Musta had it 20 years or better and shot the Hell out of it.

The way they function is not even close to an AK platform, it just looks similar in profile and has a similar looking gas tube, that's just about it. It operates entirely different and has 1/2 the moving parts. There's a pretty good tear down video on U-tube that shows the internals pretty well, should you be interested, actually several. There quite simple and very well made. I've never had a single failure of any type that I can recall with any of the 3 I've had. Just wore stuff out, but never broke anything. Only have 2 now. The one I shot out I sold to a friend many years ago and he rebuilt it and kept it for years too.Not sure if he still has it or not?? The other 2 I've gotten with-in the last 4-5 years or so.Both keepers, a folder tac-cooled out one and a standard fixed stocked one.

To bad your half way across the country FU or you'd be welcome to try one of mine out,,,great little guns IMO. Much better than AK's I think. Everyone I know that have them too, and have them scoped are getting 1" groups consistently with them with decent ammo, nothing fancy for ammo , but there just not using Tula ammo.

Generally we all use the Yugo, and that's pretty damn good ammo actually,just corrosive. A bunch of us went in on a pallet "way back when" and I think I only got 2-3 case's of it left and it's getting harder to find now. Good stuff, and if you get a chance at some, grab it.

Feedback Score

Okay, so where can I find one? I know I have never seen one in a gun store around here.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The very best thing I have is the AR15 9mm. I have four of them now. All made out of different lowers and trigger groups. One is even an 80% lower machined from something I got a few years back. But, all four have the RRA upper assemblies and magwell adapters. The UZI mags were so simple to machine to adapt to the AR15 9mm. Real good round capacity in such a light system. Absolutely great accuracy. 124Gr, 9mm FMJ has every bit the power to which one can hunt with. Super home defense unit which is so easy to control. The only draw back though is that an AR15 is more expensive. However, it is a TOP reliable performer.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Okay, so where can I find one? I know I have never seen one in a gun store around here.
    I saw a USED RUGER PC9 at COLLECTOR's FIREARMS in Houston Texas yesterday.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

FU,,,Century had them on stock @ last check for 499, Center fire systems, (But @ 599) J&G had them but don't see them listed right now, may be sold out at the moment, Czech Point(the expensive cream of the crop ones), Moore's C&R had one on gun Broker that went for 399 recently, and I'm sure with some searching you can find one pretty easy. The prices seem to be all over the place right now though, so shop carefully.

Check out hickok45 review's on You Tube, it covers just about everything you'd need to know to be able to make a informed discussion about one. There's a test fire one and a VZ58 VS AK47 one too, the latter shows the internals and tear down for a comparison.
    Last edited by twa2471; 12-23-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

then there is this , that has decent reviews

http://www.jgsales.com/tnw-aero-surv....-p-59197.html

Feedback Score

I put an old aluminum Para Ordnance P14 lower on a Mechtech upper. Works beautifully and I now have a 15 shot 45acp carbine that uses the same magazines as my primary carry weapon.......

Feedback Score

Have you considered a HERA 1911 conversion? I really like mine.

HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score

Let me be brutally honest. It was hard for me to consider many of these options because I had never heard of them!

I have to say that HERA is pretty cool.

I had been wondering in the Para Ordnance high capacity lower would work on the MecTec. But again that means 2 different magazines unless I buy 2 Para Ordnance pistols! Just don't see that flying with wife 2.0 this close to Christmas.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.