Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: .45 acp carbine

Feedback Score

Default .45 acp carbine

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced .45 acp carbine? I would hope to find one for around $500-$700.

Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Marlin still making them?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I had a MECH TECH CCU on a 1911 frame but it took a walk. The Marlin Camp Carbine in 45acp in no longer made and priced high. I gave up and bought a HiPoint 45acp carbine when they came out.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I have the Hi Point and it is great, cost me in the mid $350 with two mags. Never had a FTF, eject or function in any way.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Stay away from the "just right"carbines,from I've heard from dealers and folks that bought them there not so good . I've heard nothing but negatives about them so far and most that bought them have had to be sent back for repairs. Lots of FTF's & FTE's & stove piping I gather.

Those Marlins were great,,to bad they never really took off. I think the timing was bad when they introduced them. If they reintroduced them now, I think they'd have much better sales. Didn't they offer them in 45ACP & 9mm both? I don't recall.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well I hate to say it but KelTec has a really nice fold-able carbine that uses the glock mags. Next yr I will be saying MINE but thats still in the R&D state.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I worked on one of the Hi-Point (planet of the apes stock version) for a guy once. 9mm, it needed a few parts and the ATI stock. Clunky, but it did function 100% which was amazing. They do have a couple weaknesses, main one being a lack of hi capacity magazines that work, and bent firing pins are common. That said, a quick call to the maker will get you a new FP in the mail and if you send it back for work you can't handle they will send a spare mag to compenate you for the shipping costs. Also, the slide is made from a Zinc alloy, so if you expect to put thousands of rounds through it, also expect to send it back in for a rebuild after a while. This guy ( http://thingmeister.yolasite.com/products.php ) sells a mag catch that lets you use 10rd 1911 magazines which are an improvement over the OEM ones. All in all, I wouldn't use one for SHTF due to their lack of run over with a truck and keep on shooting ruggedness, but for almost every other purpose you could do a lot worse.

The Marlins are nice, use stock 1911 mags, and are hard to find and pricey. Buffers didintegrate too, IIRC Blackjack makes a replacement that lasts a while. A replacement Wolff recoil spring makes world of difference on buffer life too, IIRC the stock one is only 11 lbs, on a blowback with a light bolt? Great little gun. I think there is an aftermarket folder someone made back in the day if you can find one.

Mechtech makes their carbine uppers for Glocks and 1911s, heard only good things about them.

Beyond those most of the affordable stuff is going to be an UZI, MAC, etc. type clone. Expensive mags.

Of course, this is Gunco so another option is to build your own. There is a thread here on a .45 AK conversion, or just grab an UZI or MAC .45 bolt, an HK G3 lower, and bend up a receiver to marry the two.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Marlin still making them?
    No, but I wish they were. I like the idea of interchangeable magazines between my 1911 and the carbine. I have looked at these on Gunbroker and in my mind the prices people want are abit crazy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I kinda half assed looked at them but for the price,weight & lack of capacity I don't really see any advantage to them other than being unique.

I'd still rather have a "real gun"

I still think something like a PSH43 or a PPSH41 would be the cats ass in 45ACP !!! Now that would be neat as Hell,,,and you'd actually have some mag capacity. After all there just "fun guns" and not really practical any how, so you might's just as well have the capacity to go with it so it's at least fun to bounce milk jugs around the South 40 with.

Has anyone heard of anyone trying that one yet, the X25 and 45 must be pretty damn close to the same,, length wise?? Don't really know myself, just kinda talking outa my ass here and just thinking up something that would be neat to try.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    I had a MECH TECH CCU on a 1911 frame but it took a walk. The Marlin Camp Carbine in 45acp in no longer made and priced high. I gave up and bought a HiPoint 45acp carbine when they came out.
    So with the Mech Tech CCu you have to supply a 1911 and use the bottom half of the pistol to integrate it into the upper from Mech Tech? So in order to have a pistol carbine combo I would need to buy another 1911?

How do you like the Hi-Point? Is the carbine better made than the pistols? I picked up a Hi-point pistol at a gun store when my son was looking at one and it rattled like a baby toy. needless to say that shook my confidence. What magazines does the Hi-point take?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

anyone fixed a jr carbine in 45acp

replacement recoil spring for a mech tech 1911 ccu

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.