Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 6" barrel longslide 1911s?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

just got off the phone with midway USA-- they got a 6" storm lake barrel headed this way-- so we'll see--LOL!

Feedback Score

427, if all you want is a boost in speed, can you run the 6" barrel with the 5" slide? Sounds a little cheaper that way.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i am going to try that when the barrel comes in--

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    427, if all you want is a boost in speed, can you run the 6" barrel with the 5" slide? Sounds a little cheaper that way.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thread the barrel and add a comp,,,it works good,looks a bit different ,, but works pretty good.

My old AMT Hardballer was a 7" and SWC's gave it trouble too, but it was designed for 230 RB,,hence the "Hardballer" moniker,,at least that's what I was told by the factory when I wanted to send mine back in sense it wasn't very reliable with very many rounds. HP's and SWC's didn't work well at all,I fixed that myself with a different spring and polishing. Not a biggie.

A 5" slide will work,,as long as the bearing surface on the barrel for the bushing is long enough to ride where the bushing sits on the 5" slide.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I always wanted a long slide 45 for plinking. It might be neat to get one in 460 Rowland and hunt with it too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You're going to want a shoulder rig if you go a long slide from my experiences with them though.
    You start pulling one of those buggers out of a hip holster, and you'd think you were pulling a deep well pump out of the ground!!!! It just keeps coming and coming! Damn those things are long,,,and damn near as bad as the 50 AE Desert Eagle I used to have way back !! "Longer than Grandpa's"and heavy !!! No way in hell can you comfortably carry one in a side rig either. I don't recall what the "Hardballer" weighed, but it was noticeably heavier that a 5" and no way could you sit down with it on, the shoulder rig was the only practical way to carry it I found out.

I do like how well I can shoot with the long slides though, that long site radius really makes a world of difference for longer ranges and precision work. No doubt!

How sweat would one of those 7" "Hardballer's" be with a skeleton stock like the old Stevens "handy rifles" had a hundred years ago,, I'd think,,very nice! A mini ,,mini .45 carbine. Oh Ya!!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the idea is 6" long-slide with 45 SUPER loads -- the extra weight of the slide could damp the recoil a bit and i could take out that 24 pound "bear trap" spring i got in the 1911 super set up and replace it with a more reasonable pressure like about 18lbs-- or hell even a 16lb--LOL

and the long-slides just look cool-- i thought about getting one of those wilson comps but their $80 'ouch"--LOL! at that price i just as well get a 6" para slide-- never hurts to have a extra slide as somehow my extra slides turn into 1911 guns--LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Para0641V2.JPGany problems with blackened stainless slides? can i dull down a stainless steel slide so it don't look so flashy?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Don't know about blackening it, but I've seen were people bead blast stainless to give it a dull look
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.