Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 6" barrel longslide 1911s?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

para seems to have made a pistol very similar to the one i"m building. the 6" "super-hawg" looks the nearly the same as it is single stack frame with the long slide.

the pistol i got has the 6" hi-cap slide in two tone and a carbon steel parked foster/capisan frame. colt rosewood grips with medallions with stainless hex screws, a stainless single colt big safety along with mag release and flat mainspring housing , brown stainless beaver tail, smith and wesson hammer and slide stop in blue. nighthawk adjustable trigger with three holes --

i have a set of XS adjustable big dot sights ordered from brownells ---

i might change over to either a sig aluminum mainspring housing to save an ounce or two and possibly a extended slide stop --but it runs so well as in i don't know if i'll ever get around to it.

this pistol is the "super-hawgs' evil dark twin--LOL!
    Last edited by j427x; 03-16-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

follow up--

i got the XS big dot sights installed today they look great. they were a PITA to install lots of filing, sanding and fitting. finally got um in and at least i won't have to worry if their too lose. i'll shoot it and get it zeroed in in a day or two.

not many regrets about the para ordnance 6" slide --but there are a few #1 i should have just got the plain stainless super hawg slide rather than the two-tone LTD and saved $30.

the LTD slide is the better looking BUT the two tone black part is NOT 100% chemical proof. i put a little CD2 carb cleaner on a q-tip to clean up the oil in the dovetails from the sight install and the black part of the finish came right off! so far mercron 3/5 atf hasn't harmed it but carb cleaner will take it right off.

so i don't have much faith that the finish on this para slide will be around long. be aware of the finish when your shopping para slides. some may look pretty but the durability of the finish --big questi0on mark.

otherwise the pistol turned out great. i expect it will be a great shooter now its got sights--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

shot the big hawg again with the 18+ lb long spring and the new XS big dot sights. fired about 4 10 round mags and 4 8 round mags -- mostly aquila but some tula 230s just to see if it could handle the low pressure crap ammo with that big #18 spring.

it gobbled it all up without issue-- accuracy is very good. the XS sights were easy to adjust to zero with one little issue -- i had to set the rear sight ALL the way down as it seemed to be shooting high @ 17 meters. the firing pin stop finally stopped the rear sights downward travel just short of where i wanted it to go.

if i hold "a fine bead" on the big dot it is on the money --so i think i'll just keep it there.

as far a big spring 6" long-slides go on recoil . ejection and extraction -- i can hardly tell it from a 5" with a #18 recoil spring. which is to say it is very mild recoiling and smooth, and fun to shoot. the only real problem i see with the 6" long slide is i gonna shoot up a bunch of ammo cause it is just too fun!

Feedback Score

I use to keep a 6" in my llamas commander size. I liked the way it looked.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

took out the firing pin stop and milled a little off the top to give the back sight a little more downward travel --

when i get a chance i'll see what it will do--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

oooh-yea!

this be a shooting rat- fink FIEND!

tula, wolf and silver bear--it shot it all day long- no hicups - reloads, FMJ, JHP , P+ , P++ 200gr-230s, 185s -- it loves um all--

velocitys from the 6" are about 50fps+ with factory 230s, russian ammo seems to gain quite a bit , like its powder is a bit slower that 45acp calls for.

165 JHPs loaded to p+ seem to make some impressive gains in speed and energy.

damn i like this one so much i wanting to build it a big brother with a 7" tube--LOL! accuracy is very good, i haven't put it on a vice/bench to see how it will group but i can hit things with ease @ 50m--

now if the ammo panic ever subsides i going to try some 45 super in it-- p+ loads seem mild in the big 'bopper" -- the big slide and long heavy spring can absorb a lot of energy.

no feeding or function problems what so ever-- it got about 600+ rounds of all kinds of mixed up ammo --never a FTF or FTF-- it just gobbels it all up--

i got an old steel file cabinet -- damn things shoots big gaping holes through and through -- damn it 4th!!! send that bullet proof computer down here i'll bet old #6 can blow a hole through it--LOL!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.