Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: crazy auction for .22

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

YEA I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH .22 --sorry caps stuck --

only thing i can figure is some wall-streeter is trying to corner the rimfire market and the ammo mfgs are not making 22 LR for some reason to keep it scarce.

no real reason for 22 ammo to be this expensive and scarce. now i don't really care that much because at the prices it is going for i can about shoot 9mm for the same $$$ -now ain't that nutz?--LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

No money in it for the manufactures j4.. Powder and lead, copper is going into ammo, the U.S.. "Arms Dealer Too The World" is selling too forign countries. No time for .22.. It is NOT a rush on the ammo.. Why make it if Russia and China is paying us a fortune for our killing equipment. Hi Sarah, Hi..

America, arms-dealer to the world

Munitions is the one U.S. industry that's booming -- with devastating global consequences
    we’re still the envy of the world.
    Yes, we’re the world’s foremost “merchants of death,”
    http://www.salon.com/2012/01/24/amer..._to_the_world/

Can you read Sarah? What say you aye????????????????????????????????
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

IIRC Mick has posted on gunco about the availability of .22 in Canada. Now if I could remember what thread it was in.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    IIRC Mick has posted on gunco about the availability of .22 in Canada. Now if I could remember what thread it was in.
    It was here: http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77157

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

seems like up north they got .22 rimfire coming out their ears at normal pricing too--

sounds like the RX drug situation to me--LOL

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by romaniac View Post
    Thanks.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post

sounds like the RX drug situation to me--LOL
    Oddly my wife used to work for a major pharmaceutical company with factories everywhere. Basically they price drugs according to what the market will bear. In the USA we get he privilege of paying for the R&D that went into the drugs and a higher profit margin where as other markets like Mexico only pay for the cost of manufacturing the drug at a profit. It's a bunch of BS.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

One of the main problems are the idiots paying these high prices, if it doesn't sell it comes back down closer to where it should be. There's no way I'll pay $50+ for a brick of low end 22lr
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    One of the main problems are the idiots paying these high prices, if it doesn't sell it comes back down closer to where it should be. There's no way I'll pay $50+ for a brick of low end 22lr
    Yesterday I went by the local gander mountain they didn't have as much .22 as they did on the 2/25 but they did have it in stock. Still limiting to 200 rds, unless you get there right at open to snag a bulk pack (according the the firearms sales guy). They have 50 round boxes of Federal Champion 40 gr. for $2.49/box - so a 1000 rds would be $49.80. That was the lowest price they had there. I think the days of the $7 and $8 federal 550 bulk packs are now part of the "good old days".

But the sad thing is people paying big money for the 333 and 555 bulk packs (over $50 from resellers/gunshows/etc).

Feedback Score

Got an email add from Centerfire for 440 rounds of 7.62X54R for $120. I emailed them back and told them to eat 'em.
    Hunter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.