Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: crazy auction for .22

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Default crazy auction for .22

For those that want an instant stockpile of .22 LR (at a crazy price) here is an auction I saw posted on another forum http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=396295065
    I think it figures to .19 cents a round or $95 a brick. And to think 1 person has already bid on it (not me).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

As hard as. 22s are to get right now Ive been stocking up on crates of 54r. Its almost cheaper to shoot a larger surplus round. Jim

Feedback Score

I hope the guy that buys it, chokes on it. I hope the guy selling it, loses the money.
    You know what that douche is going to pay for shipping?
    Freakin' asshats.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

An that is why there is none on shelves . You want to bet the guy has a inside man at wall mart or some other store ?

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Well, at the risk of getting one going - here is the shelves at a local Gander Mountain on 2/25/14. I bought my 200 rds of 22 LR and 200 rds of .22 WMR. There was still plenty left - but probably because they were restricting it to 200 rds of 22 LR and 200 rds of 22 WMR. not sure if someone could have gotten 200 rds of 22 short as well or not.

Then on the 1st of March I was in one of the local walmarts at about 0745 (new ammo shipment gets put out about 0630), there was still 2 boxes of mini mag hp 22LR. I of course felt compelled to buy them, lol. The sporting goods guy, when asked, said there were 7 people lined up at 0630 to buy .22 LR. The local walmart still restricts only .22 to 3 boxes a day. Now I didn't go to Walmart for just ammo - I was there for something else and took a gander in the ammo case and "got lucky". .22 is out there, but is still selling out fast. Our local walmart sporting goods people are good about not selling it before it is put out (the manager is very strict to say the least ).

As a side note, the Gander Mountain the pics above were taken at was out of all .22 except .22 WMR shotshells when I was there on Mar 7th. Will see if they have any more on Tuesday when I go (I keep a look out for 22 WMR for a family member and hope to find some minimag 40 grain RN .22LR to trade with sprat. ).

I will admit I like to add .22 LR to the stash whenever I can at a decent enough price, as I shoot more .22 than any other caliber (still cheaper to train with), my oldest boy shoots it and I have two more kids coming to the point where they will need some training and range time. But the auction is some overpriced .22 LR.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

probably the basters that keep me from buying some at wallyworld and other places. to hell with them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The last brick I bought was $25, then prices got stupid. I haven't bought any ammo since 2010 except for .22 and .177 pellets for my city guns. I bait English starlings.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i'm mostly buying center fire pistol rounds like 9mm , 45 acp & 40

local wally worlds have some 5.56 & 7.62x39 mostly too expensive and in 20 round boxes

sometimes they do have 100 round boxes of the above and then the three box limit is not such a problem.

i've been getting 9mm for $26 per 100 rounds and they seem to have plenty of 9mm if nothing else--

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Except for cci 22lr shotshells I've only seen 22lr ammo available once in the past year and 3 months and that was 22 win hp ammo with a limit of 2 per customer about 6 months ago. None of my semi guns will cycle it so I passed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

One of my many job titles is delivery. So I'm all over central AR nearly everyday. I stop at any Wal-mart or sporting goods store I'm in the vicinity of and still I rarely come across 22lr. Sometimes I can score 2 boxes of 50 count, but no bricks yet. Luckily for me I started listening to one of my customers who is a religious end-timer and stocked up somewhat(about 2500 rnds) before the panic. But that's about it. Short of sighting in a new scope or something similar I don't shoot my 22's much.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.