Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: killer-pimp 1911? WTH? LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

strangely were not seeing too many pimped-out hi=points!?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

For some reason it's hard to sell bling for a gun when said gun costs less than what you would have to charge for the bling... That and if/when ya have to send it back for a rebuild under the lifetime warranty, they remove all the crap and send back a stock gun. But ya do get a free extra mag with the rebuild!

However, customizing HiPoints in a DIY manner is pretty popular, possibly because if ya do screw up the gun you aren't out a whole lot, and the factory will usually still fix it under warranty. I hear putting a skull sticker on them is popular!

Oh, and I forgot, if your PimpGun has a lanyard loop on it, you MUST hang something from it! The Asian Pimps like colorful scarves or tassles, although a huge gaudy earring or necklace dangly is acceptable for most everyone else.

Feedback Score

Glad my 1911a1with lanyard is only used to contain the pistol and to open the occasional beer!LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

# 1 question -- is there any way to improve the trigger pull on a hi-piont? LOL!

supposed to be 6lbs but it feels lie 20 lbs over jagged rocks no less! i can't hit the EARTH with this thing!
    maybe more CHROME will help?

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I wanted one of the nifty "snakeskin" scaled backstraps for my 1911, but all of the fancy patterns were for the flat backstraps only. I guess they are easier to cut than the arched.

My eyes say the flat strap loops better, but my hand says the arched works better. Dang.

There being bupkis for a fancy arched strap, I went with the traditional vertical grooves.

My other peeve is the grip safety. Yes, if you don't hold a Government Model correctly the slide might bite you. Did it to me a couple of times when I first got a 1911, then I learned how to hold it. But I could see the point for a beavertail... except they've grown larger and curlier over the years, like the tail fins on '50s land yachts. That, and the giant breadbox-shaped knob at the bottom, that's supposed to make sure your hand depresses the safety all the way. I've never encountered that, and can't quite imagine any hold on a 1911 that wouldn't depress the grip safety, unless it's some kind of sideways-MTV thing.

You can still buy safeties without the breadbox, but I didn't want a giant beavertail that was actually longer than the freakin' hammer, so I had to cut it down to a reasonable size.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    I wanted one of the nifty "snakeskin" scaled backstraps for my 1911, but all of the fancy patterns were for the flat backstraps only. I guess they are easier to cut than the arched.

My eyes say the flat strap loops better, but my hand says the arched works better. Dang.

There being bupkis for a fancy arched strap, I went with the traditional vertical grooves.

My other peeve is the grip safety. Yes, if you don't hold a Government Model correctly the slide might bite you. Did it to me a couple of times when I first got a 1911, then I learned how to hold it. But I could see the point for a beavertail... except they've grown larger and curlier over the years, like the tail fins on '50s land yachts. That, and the giant breadbox-shaped knob at the bottom, that's supposed to make sure your hand depresses the safety all the way. I've never encountered that, and can't quite imagine any hold on a 1911 that wouldn't depress the grip safety, unless it's some kind of sideways-MTV thing.

You can still buy safeties without the breadbox, but I didn't want a giant beavertail that was actually longer than the freakin' hammer, so I had to cut it down to a reasonable size.
    Never had a slide on a 1911 bite me, but the hammer sure does pinch ya with my meaty webbing there! The beavertails I prefer are the Ed Brown plain models. They use the commander style hammer and have a pocket in them to accept said hammer, allowing a higher grip and reduced muzzle flip. Couple that with a removal of metal under the triggerguard and you can get a pretty high grip on them.

If ya like arched, make your own checkered one. I forget the LPI, but the checkering file I used to use was the same spacing, one set of lines is already cut on yours!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.