Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gun Safe Remodel ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sprat your pic isn't showing, all I see is "Attachment 36881" ?

70's shag carpet baby!! rock on!
    LOL now you see why I want to redo it That carpet is on the bottom, back and all the shelves.
    I figured if I'm going to go through the trouble of taking all that out I might as well make it more useful and fit my needs.

Thanks for the pics, now I have to decide how I want to set this up, for basic function or to fit as much as I can into it.

Dutigaf that's a great idea, your not filling it to the max but you got a lot in there and can still get to them all without taking a bunch of them out to get to the ones in the back.
    And the strange thing is I got a lazy susan thing from work a couple months ago that was part of a store display, I'll dig that out and see how it fits in mine.
    Thanks that's one route I can think about.

TWA the pic explains your padded cases better, I know exactly what your using, I thought you had the more expensive ones that were like field cases with the zippers.
    I am going to use this for my Stack On cabinet, it's the heavier one and took two of us to get it up the stairs (I don't think they make it anymore), this will work great for the Mosins and other low end rifles that I hardly ever shoot.

If any of you that want to remove your pics, feel free to, and thanks again for putting them up
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

sorry coils

having pic problems
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

No need to be sorry, thanks for fixing it.

I see the dehumidifier on the left, looks like the style I seen after you mentioned it earlier.
    Looks like you got a good bit of rifles stuffed in there too. Hell the way everyone is talking and showing how full their safes are, it might be easier to turn a room into a walk in safe and put a vault door on it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

thats a 30 gun safe, not enough room, Im getting another one

this safe was brand new - "scratch n dent" it was $500.00 cheaper come with the Liberty Safe warrantee

also you will note the portable dome light, these are cheap and great

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

portable dome light is the way i go also.... got like 3 led's in it or somethin....

no safe is ever big enough. :-) ive got a couple of those & its still not enough. my next one will be a "we make it" version.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Those zippered cases are way to bulky for use in a safe,but the ones I do use, do have some padding just not bulky.

The vault door and cement room would be my preferred option if I had a dry cellar,but sadly mines not dry enough for that. It sure would be less expensive than 2-3 quality safes and 10 times more secure from any hazard.

A friend of mine bought an old bank building years ago and converted it into a house and it has the original vault in place and that's what he use's. That's pretty much a must for him though, he's a antique dealer that specializes in high end guns, artifacts,cultural and historical, lots of Civil War stuff and things that have quite a bit of historical value, so that is ideal for him. I'd love something like that, now sweat would that be?

Sadly,,, I'd probably go broke trying to fill the damn thing if I did though,,,,it's huge,got to say 8x8 or so not counting the safe deposit box's that fills one wall. Defiantly pretty neat though, especially when I get to play in it. Mark has some incredible things and many things he has had in the past are in places like the Smithsonian now, and many other major museum's, so a "play date " there is a real adventure!!!! I get to see and handle things there,,, you can only get to dream about normally. Great Fun,,,,,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

For lighting, I used the flexible LED strip lighting (not rope light) which has three LED's per inch. It's mounted around all four sides of the inside of the door opening, so lights it up really nice. I have mine running off a 12V wallwart, but they are pretty low draw so will run for a long time off a battery pack as well. I have a switch installed so they automatically turn on when the door opens.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i do like the LED on the string thing! might have to give that a go. :-)
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

the company that sells the flex lighting for gun safes can be found in post #5 of this thread

http://www.maxmysafe.com/default.asp

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Well I messed with it a little today, that vertical divider and shelf wasn't to bad to get out, the shelf was nailed to the divider with three nails and a few good wakes with a rubber mallet got it out, then the divider came right out.
    The carpet on the back was a little tougher, it was glued in of course, but with a little effort it came out in one piece.

Sprat you got a good discount on that and that's great it still came with the factory warranty.

Zoom is your safe a really dark brown, with no manufacturer's label, a dial lock that's on the left of the door and a handle in the center? Because yours looks just like mine but with a newer (and way better) interior.

If any of you are thinking of the LEDs, get "bright white", there's also cool white but they have a yellow tint to them and don't put out as much light. Also check ebay, I seen rolls of it for like $15 (no power supply though). Like this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-S...item33831451c4

my next one will be a "we make it" version.
    While searching I found this, maybe you could take the door frame from your cheapest safe or redo the back so it's curved and do something like this.

Hell I might look into doing this later too, I picked up this "shaggy" safe for $200 and the labor of getting it home, so it wouldn't be no big deal for me to cut it up for the door.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.