Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!!

Well today was a wonderful day for me!! Today I put 3 very nice and rare guns into my collection, they were my Dads and my sisters and myself drew straws to see who got what from what was left in the collection,,,and this is what I got,,,

I'm sure you can guess I'm quite pleased with my luck in the draw BTW!!!

All of these are matching # and as you can see one of the Luger's is a "American Eagle" Luger,,,,very very rare indeed!!!!
    Very well "shot out" of course, but that's to be expected as it was a test firearm for the US military when they they were doing trials for an issue firearm for WW1. If I recall, someone told me there was only 50 ever made for those trials,so it's extremely rare if that's the case. I've only run into 1 other in my traveles so I gather they are rare sense ,,I ALWAYS,, check out Lugers whenever I see them and I've only ever seen 1 other. I love Lugers,,,,

The other one must be at least 85%+++ condition and is a S/42 and all original with real sharp clean rifling and minimal bluing wear, even the mag match's. What a beauty!!

I'm sure Mick will recognize the 280 Ross as it a Canadian made rifle and it's as nice a one as I've ever seen.

SWEAT,,,What a day!!!!! Sooooo,,, without further ado,,here they are,,,,,the new kids on the block,,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Nice luger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Beautiful stuff! And congrats.like older guns.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

very fine!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

WOW!

SO very cool.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Some nice additions to the collection.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That is nice looking, thanks for sharing
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

nice s/42 if its matching,with wartime holster and not refinished

american test lugers are not rare they are expensive if in good condition n matching with matching mags go to http://luger.gunboards.com/ ask them for info these guys are the experts they will want alot of info n pic's , they like folks asking for info

canadian ross rifles have a collectable niche

nice pictures
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks Sprat,,,that was one of my next questions,,who knows about Lugers. I've always been a big fan of them just for there design but never had the bucks to really invest in one so I don't know all the in's and out of them myself. I'll check out that link.

My sister got a Sweat,, Argentine Mauser, a Kraig Carbine , both pristine to the max and a pre 64 Winchester mod 700 free style rifle that really needs restoration badly. I used that same gun to win a junior match at Camp Perry with back in the early-mid 60's, it always shot super. Sadly it got stashed away in a cloth zippered case for many many years bye my Mom and it had gotten wet at some point and that did some major cosmetic damage and lots of exterior pitting of the match barrel, surprisingly the receiver didn't get it bad, at least no pits, just some surface red rust. The barrel may require re-profiling/turning down to bring back but it's a bull barrel so no biggie there. Knock off .005 or so all the way down and it should be fine, luckily the bore is perfect. It's going to take some kind of work to bring it back around to nice again though, but I think it's doable.

The stock is a real nice thumb hole with a large palm swell grip, curved adjustable tuck under your armpit aluminum butt plate, and decent checkering. I think it would be worth it in the long run though. And she also got a Mossburg 410 pump, a bit newer one,,70's -80 ish?? So she made out like a fat rat too. My other sister didn't want any, and my brother can't have them now due to issues in his divorce,,,,sorry you don't call a judge a C--t in her own court room,3 times pitch a fit,and get hauled away in cuffs, and threaten your x,,,and get away with it. He's a bit of a dumb ass,,,to say the least!!!!!

I did a quick look around on the net for the Ross, and it has quite a bit more value than I'd have thought, I found really beat ones @ around 1000 going up to 3200 ish for ones like mine, and one pristine one for $3800. That surprised me!!! I know you don't see them that much, but I never expected that one, that must be a high class,, "niche" that likes those.

I've got to research the S/42 and the Eagle Luger more now.

Thanks for the input guys,,,,I'll let ya know how the 42 shoots.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Congratulations, very nice finds!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.