Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 80 round makarov magazine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I did a suomi to sten for my mpa mini
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

yes the welds are very noticable sort of like the luger drum mag, but for a mak very ungainly

USMC nice set up
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3531 View Post
    heres a 9x18 in a suomi drum, as long as the mag its feeding into is single stack all you have to do is grind out the feedlips of the drum and weld together, start with tacks as you may have to play with drum to mag angle
    usmc3531 - thanks for posting the picture.

Now for stupid question time - are the ppsh41 and suomi mags the same or are there any differences?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The PPsH drums are wider to accomodate the longer 7.62X25 cartridges.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

thanks kernel. I'm gaining inspiration for this project, I just hate the thought of potentially messing up a 8 rd makarov mag - especially for what they are selling for now.

usmc3531 - did you use a bunch of dummy rounds in the mag, or did you use some sort of other method when you did the suomi to sten mag pictured above?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think it took 12 dummys for the "tower" in mine and the sten portion is single stack. cdnn has suomi drums rusty ones for $20 theroetcicaly you could make a baseplate for the mag welded to the drum and have the mag removeable, just not sure how long it would hold up to the extra weight though. Id see what kind of cheap mag would fit to use for the conversion

Feedback Score

WWJCD? LOL? Really what would jeff Cooper do? A great and fun exercise in building and thinking about it myself and my welding sucks too.seems like fun to try tho.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

theroetcicaly you could make a baseplate for the mag welded to the drum and have the mag removeable
    That's a really good idea, if this could be done it would make a good test base, and once you knew it worked it could be made more permanent.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

usmc3531 - thanks for the information. It is appreciated.

stalker1 - you know it would be fun to make one. Heck - if for nothing else - the look on people's faces at the range would be priceless.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That's cool just for the weirdness of it. Like Sniper said can you imagine the looks you'd get at the range? LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

80 round drum for makarov for sale

makarov drum magazine

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.