Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 80 round makarov magazine

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Thumbs up 80 round makarov magazine

I saw some pictures of an 80 round makarov magazine at http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...akarov-pistol/ Does anyone have any other information about this, or by chance could identify the drum used? I think this would be interesting to make.
    Here is the article and pictures.

Eighty Round Magazine For Makarov Pistol

Posted November 6, 2013 in Pistols by Steve Johnson with 51 Comments
    Tags: Makarov, pistol, russia

A Russian inventor has developed an eighty round 9x18mm magazine for the Makarov PM pistol. He writes (in Russian) that the Makarov is still in use by police in Russia not because they cannot afford new pistols but because the Makarov is genuinely loved. He says the problem with them is that standard magazine only holds eight rounds and extended magazines only hold up 12 rounds. Twelve rounds is not a lot by todays standards, especially when you consider that the 9x18mm is about 30% less powerful than a 9x19mm NATO. His solution was to develop a drum magazine that holds eighty rounds.

On a side note, the 9x18mm, despite being almost 50 years younger than the 9mm Luger/Parabellum, was intentionally designed to be anemic because the Soviet Army wanted a simple blowback pistol with a fixed barrel.

Many thanks to Val for the tip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

at first I was going to say it was a sumoi drum but Im thinking its a ppsh41 with how much it sticks infront of the grip.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I think your right since it sticks out so far toward the front, but I think a Suomi drum will work too
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Hey, he looks like an American asshat. Shoot him in the foot and when he's down cut off his head, helmet and all, and raise it on a pike.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

SNIPER, if you have the skills, I'll take one for an FEG .380.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    SNIPER, if you have the skills, I'll take one for an FEG .380.
    Hunter
    I'd have to figure out what all the guy did to make that one and to make sure it worked before I'd even think of making any for others. If I do ever make one and get it to work - I'll let you know. Looking at the pictures posted again, I do think many of us here at gunco could make nicer looking welds than what are shown in the pictures above.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I paid $65 for a fifty round ProMag 1911 drum back in 2008, but have never tried it. Reviews are not good.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I think your right since it sticks out so far toward the front, but I think a Suomi drum will work too
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc3531 View Post
    at first I was going to say it was a suomi drum but I'm thinking its a ppsh41 with how much it sticks in front of the grip.
    If anyone has a ppsh41 drum (or suomi drum) can you check to see how a 9x18 round fits?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ya I noticed those "bubble gum" welds too sniper69,,pretty bad. Whoever made it should have brought it to someone that KNEW how to weld!!! Gezzzz pretty sloppy,,,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

heres a 9x18 in a suomi drum, as long as the mag its feeding into is single stack all you have to do is grind out the feedlips of the drum and weld together, start with tacks as you may have to play with drum to mag angle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

3 80 makariv clips and drum
80 round drum for makarov for sale
80 round makarov drum magazine
9x18mm makarov magazine drum

makarov drum

makarov drum magazine

makarov extended magazine
makarov pistol
makarov pm pistol
makrov 80 round magazine for sale
markorov 80 round drum
russian makarov 9mm for sale
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.