ya know that RIA 1911 frame i built up a few years ago?
when it was first assembled it had some 'stickyness" in the dissconector and i fiddled around with it for some time before i got it to run proper.
to keep it running it had to be oiled and cleaned and it still has a slight sticky spot. not out of battery or hammer follow bad but enough to make me wonder if something was just slightly off--
since snow was on the ground with all this global warming i had most of the afternoon to play around with it and see WTH was going on.
on a lark i thought i'll just put all the US gi parts i have pulled of 1911s on there and see if there is any improvement--
sure enough ----
somehow that expensive adjustable trigger was the cause of the sticky dissconnocter. the moment i put the old GI steel trigger back in there the disconnector/sear/hammer action improved greatly-- now the old rock FCG parts seem as smooth as those in the capsian 6" --
and people wonder why i don't sell or throw away pull offs--LOL!
damn 1911s ya learn something new ever day!
never toss an old 1911 part ya pulled off-- even if it is USGI ugly--