Thread: 1911 barrels

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default 1911 barrels

Are the root barrels from sarco any good. They are listed go $54. I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a few spare barrels.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

good question . from what i have seen people either love or hate them. i never tried one myself. i do know of a guy who used one of those cheap barrels from midway --swenson i think that are like a roto. i got to shoot it and it functioned fine but to me it seems to shoot low--a while back midway had um on sale for like $29 for the 5" 45acp -- i have thought about trying one in 40-- but if it is a turkey i hate to have wasted $54 ---

personally i would say get a colt barrel or a storm lake drop in. sure their going to cost you at least twice as much as the roto but as expensive as ammo is you can waste enough ammo trying to sort out a poor barrel to eat any money you saved buying the cheap barrel real quick.

i recently got a 6" storm lake -- it is a very impressive barrel-- and 100% drop fit in the para slide too--

rule of thumb --if the pistol is sort of a klunker --the cheap barrel might be OK --but if it is a very nice 1911 i would get a storm lake, colt, kart ect for it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

That makes perfect sense. Thanks
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i did think of another alternative --but i haven't seen these in a while RIA armscore barrels are pretty good -- a while back you could get them for about $40 -- although that place that was selling "advanced tactical" got swamped during the last panic and their sight still ain"t back up.

another option would be look for a springer take out -- last on of those i saw was $60

now i have a SIG 1911 barrel for sale for $80 it is made by either storm lake or cart-- i did fire a few rounds through it just enough to show on the hood a little but otherwise it is like new.

i went to a 6" slide so can't use the 5' barrel--

for a quick sale i guess i would take $75 shipped--
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Look for a used Colt or SA Inc barrel in excellent condition.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.