Thread: fitting a glock front sight to a 1911 slide?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911 fitting a glock front sight to a 1911 slide?

since my last attempt to install a sight ended in epic fail with the 10mm barrel installed, the impact of the slide tossing my hi-viz light sight down range like a bullet--

i have been looking for ways to prevent such from happening.

this being an old and cheap slide that probably came from SARCOs "it might be good but won't guarantee it/junk-sale bin"

and that it has a 'shelf" problem with the disconnector and it fits loose i am reluctant to spend a lot of $$$ to have it dovetailed or install a expensive sight that can not be moved to another slide later.

if i buy the cutters to cut it to novak --too expensive for this junker too,

looking around the web i noticed lots of sights for the glock , mostly at very good prices.

the way a glock front sight mounts is it has an larger post and a tiny screw that locks it in the slide from the bottom.

it looks to me like a couple passes on the drill press and a slight counter sink in the slide where the screw attaches to the sight bottom and ya would have a very secure front sight that you could remove later if you decided to trash can the slide.

seems like i read somewhere that one of the AM slide makers offers glock front sights as a option--

has anybody on gunco ever installed a glock front sight on a GI style 1911 slide?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

John Moses Browning would not approve.
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by magnus392 View Post
    John Moses Browning would not approve.
    Hey magnus good to see yah posting.

j4 wish I could help yah Bro. Hell I am limited to taking them apart then hitting Youtube to get them back together.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

LOL --yea im sure 1911 purist would be rolling over in their graves with me sticking a bastard plastic glock sight on there--

but i think it has been done before and glock like shit --sights is cheap---LOL

only thing is it looks like i'm going to have to drill a few holes--

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.