Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I scored a couple of deals!

Feedback Score

Default I scored a couple of deals!

Except for maybe the $250 wasr I picked up a few years ago, I never run across any firearm deals. I couldn't pass this one up. S&W .44 magnum and a .40 cal. Beretta Cx4 Storm. $500 for both of them.

Kens cam 007.jpg

Brought them home, expected the same rash of bs whenever I bring "another" gun home but the wife fell in love with the Beretta! She's chomping at the bit to go shoot it. Guess it's her's now!
    I did shoot the .44. I'm liking it a lot. It has a sweet trigger on it. That's my only beef with the Beretta. It has a long agonizing rough trigger pull. It might get better after I clean it and oil it up. I'll see when we go shoot it.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea those are a hell of a deal-- such a good deal-- i hope they ain't HOT!--LOL

i think there is s tune up for the CX4 trigger --and probably a drop in replacement trigger from the aftermarket--

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

that beretta uses 40 cal 92f mags, I wonder since 40cal fits in 9mm mag I would get a few M-9 surplus chekemate mags, they run about $12 new
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

So you pretty much got a free Beretta for the wife. Nice deal.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AFAIK, there is only one source for Beretta carbine trigger upgrades, these folks:

My Personal View of the CX4 Trigger Group ? Beretta CX4 Storm Accessories & Parts Upgrades

Ya pull your trigger box and ship it to them, and for around $200 ya get back a much nicer trigger with metal parts. Brownells used to sell them, but apparently there are a couple minor design revisions of the trigger system from Beretta so they now do the work themselves for liability reasons.

The mechanism is kinda weird, and mainly plastic! The top rear of the hammer has a notch in it, sorta like the FA sear catch surface on an M16 hammer. When cocked, the hammer slides rearward, trapping this notch in a "window" in the rear of the trigger box. When the trigger is pulled, the whole hammer slides forward until this notch in the hammer clears the edge of the trigger box, dropping the hammer.

There is one DIY mod some owners do, the hammer cock notch has a small raised surface on it, this makes the hammer cam down against the hammer spring as it clears the window in the trigger box. A slight amount of surgery with a razor blade knife or a file to remove this, and the trigger is no longer "DA". The boss just bought one of these, and the actual trigger pull, once ya get past that 3 miles of takeup, ain't too bad. So he's leaving it alone, although the Sierra Papa AL trigger with pre-travel removal may be going in there!

And that mag release is impossible to reach with your thumb, if I had one the first thing I would do is reverse the mag release and use my trigger finger to drop the mag. These also come in several styles of magazines, using either 90 series mags or the PX4 and 8000 magazines. If ya buy spares, make sure they are the right ones, although they do make inserts to convert them.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

$500 for both of them.
    Damn you got an excellent deal on those, good for you.

that beretta uses 40 cal 92f mags, I wonder since 40cal fits in 9mm mag I would get a few M-9 surplus chekemate mags, they run about $12 new
    If those 9mm mags work, you got to get one of these And don't order it from them, they are cheaper at other places.
    Beretta M92F 9mm (32)Rd Blue Steel Magazine - ProMag Industries
    This might be a direct fit? Just seen it.
    Beretta M96 .40S&W (20)Rd Blue Steel Magazine - ProMag Industries
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

No j427x I know they're not hot. Thanks for the mag info sprat. I was wondering about mags. Haven't had a chance to research that much yet. What I read so far was kinda confusing. Kernelkrink thanks for the info on the fcg and mags. I think it will probably be good enough for the wife once it's cleaned up and oiled. The guy I got these from didn't believe in cleaning a weapon. They were both pretty nasty.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

do a Wolfe spring kit on the S&W. If you like the factory trigger you will not believe the improvement. Congrats on the nice score!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    Except for maybe the $250 wasr I picked up a few years ago, I never run across any firearm deals. I couldn't pass this one up. S&W .44 magnum and a .40 cal. Beretta Cx4 Storm. $500 for both of them.

Kens cam 007.jpg

Brought them home, expected the same rash of bs whenever I bring "another" gun home but the wife fell in love with the Beretta! She's chomping at the bit to go shoot it. Guess it's her's now!
    I did shoot the .44. I'm liking it a lot. It has a sweet trigger on it. That's my only beef with the Beretta. It has a long agonizing rough trigger pull. It might get better after I clean it and oil it up. I'll see when we go shoot it.
    WOW, excellent find. I haven't found a whorehouse find like that in years, ok more like decades.

Congrats.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Good deal Ken. Congrats!!! I'm jealous. Lol.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.