Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Ordnance Works HCAR- Modern Day BAR

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thumbs up Ohio Ordnance Works HCAR- Modern Day BAR

Y'all might be up on this, I don't know, but yesterday was the first time I ever saw anything on one. Looks pretty impressive to me. 30 rounds of .30-06 Springfield in an AR15/AR10 sized package. Not exactly light at 12 pounds, but man it can throw some lead down range. I'd probably buy one if I could afford it, just to have something different. An updated BAR, and a 1911 pistol and you're set!!! John Moses Browning would be proud that so many weapons he designed are still in use and popular, over 100 years later.

Ohio Ordnance Works - Soldier Systems Daily
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I kind of like the design, but not the barrel length for that round, way too short
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 It needs a 20 inch barrel for .30-06.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I wonder what the accuracy is with the short barrel?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

like the idea but not the cost-

now if i had 10,000 rounds of 30-06 i might look at it another way--

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'm sure it's accurate, but the range that it stays accurate diminishes the further out you go, for the 30-06 I feel you need at least a 20" barrel. The military BAR & Garand used a 24" barrel for a reason, to get the most out of that round but not to use a really long barrel.
    If you want something that has a 30 cal slug but for short range use just get an AK or an AR in that 300 blackout.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

another answer for a question that isn't being asked ?

16'' barrel is a waste, might as well be shooting a 308 doubt there is a lot of difference in that stubby barrel.

want something like that start with a saiga in 308 and build from there

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That gives fugly a bad name. Uuuuuugly.

I'll hold out for a real M1918A2, or a nice Colt Monitor, or even an FN-D
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I'll never understand why, would they design a weapon system, or redesign a weapon system and use the 30-06, now don't get me wrong I love the 30-06 and I love the BAR but a 308 does everything a 30-06 does with 150 gr bullets, and 308 burns less power and takes up less space.. if a gun is gonna take up that long action why not go with the 300 Win mag?? Like Nemo's AR.. that is cool.. just not 5-6 K cool.. B2B

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WHAT HE HELL IS IT GOOD FOR ? there calling it a counter attack rifle ???? its semi auto an heavy what attack are you going to use this for ??

I think its neat an looks cool but what is it really good for an what rifle s will do the job better an cheaper . what can it do a ar10 wont in 308 especially with a silly short barrel?? you loosing any real benefit a 30-06 might give you an gaining nothing but heavier carry weight for ammo an a heavier longer receiver.

Looks like a rich mans range toy to me . sure Id like to have one but I still would not have a use for it other than plinking an range fun . is a counter attack when you chase the zombies ???? .

how about a 300 mag version with a 26 inch barrel for long range work on multiple targets ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

hcar with 24 barrel

ohio ordnance 2014 bar 30 06

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.