Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Group buy for 5.45x39 reloading dies

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

I emailed RCBS too, and they gave me a number to call in MN (Dealer services). I'm not a dealer, but called the number and left a detailed message mentioning that it would be for a group buy and I also asked about quantity and pricing. Hopefully they will call me back.

Lee emailed back and said the custom services for sizing dies has been reopened. The response leaves me wondering if they even read the details of my original inquiry or my reply email, so I asked the questions again. Hopefully I can get a good response from them. I figure because it is Friday, I probably won't get a response until Monday.

I'll see what information I can find out about C4HD, and hopefully between one of the three companies there will be something favorable.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hell how about some one buy the reamers an just make them an get rcbs decaping rods an such ??

I agree with Spat If you have a 5.45 ( dont have one that goes bang ) Id be getting on this .

sucks lee is not making custom stuff . Seems like there is a business opportunity for some small time die makers here .

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by magnus392 View Post
    Their is also a guy making a kit to covert steel cases to reload able cases. Russian Reloading or something like that.
    no reflection on you magnus

why would anyone with a expensive press use steel case when the ranges are full of 223 brass, steel does not rebound and flex like brass, as a longtime reloader I believe its a total waste of time and money that could be well spent else where, but heck its their equipment

Lee will come through, if memory serves me the resizers came seperately
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Im in for a set depending on price.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

I received a response from Lee, I replied back to them as well - so hope to hear something back soon.
    Here is a copy and paste of their response:
    Hi ****,

We can take your custom order for the 5.45x38 reloading die sets. Do you own a business you'll be selling these sets through? If so, please send a copy of your business tax ID or FFL license.

We would need 5 fired cases and 3 bullets sent in for the die sets to be produced.

Sincerely,
    Stephanie
    In my response I corrected them and mentioned it was for 5.45x39 and also mentioned it was for a group buy and not for profit (seeing the group buy would be done for cost of dies and for cost of shipping).
    Here is my response:
    Stephanie,
    Thank you for your response. The 5.45x39 die sets would be for a group buy at a couple of firearms related forums that I'm a member of, so no profit is made from these. As for the cases and bullets being sent in, could these be made to the same dimensions that Lee made 5.45x39 die sets in 2010? The Lee die set I have that was made in 2010 is marked Lee 5.45x39. I also have a Lee resizing die that was made at the same time for resizing from .224 to .221.
    IF any questions I can be reached either via email or by phone at*********
    Thank you again,
    I'll send Bolt2Bounce a PM and see what he did or sent to them.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Good news - got back a quick response and here it is with price.
    Hi ****,

With the purchase of 25 sets, the setup charge will be waived. The cost per set will be $46.98 + shipping. Please let me know the total quantity you'd like to order and we can quote a complete cost.

Yes, we can make these to the same dimensions as the one's we ran last time.

Sincerely,
    Stephanie
    So it looks like we need at least 25 sets. and cost would be $46.98 + shipping. I inquired about how much the .224 to .221 resizing dies will cost plus how many would need to be ordered. So who all wants some 5.45x39 reloading dies?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I "may" go for a second set of dies
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Hi ****,

No order minimums for lube and size kits. Cost would be $34.00 + shipping.

Sincerely,
    Stephanie
    so it looks like reloading dies for the 5.45x39 are $46.98 plus shipping and resizing dies for .224 to .221 are $34.00+shipping.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm still in for a set of both.
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

The first post of this thread has been updated with price and those from this thread that are either in or a maybe. Let me know if what I have listed for everyone is correct. We need to get 25 sets of the reloading dies to get this price. There is no minimum quantity needed for the resizing die.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.