New Production Sub $300 Handguns - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New Production Sub $300 Handguns

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If you take the plunge sir i'll be interested to know. Just now getting over the hip boo boo and have three or four swaps,sales and buys to catch up on.
    The guitar sale has gone stagnant and I don't care as it takes one thing off the plate. Anyway, I am interested about how the pistol performs if you bite the bullet and purchase one.
    BTW? What's your take on the market these days anyway? Curious.
    I mean these pistols are inexpensive by anybody's standard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Personally, I think this is about where they should have been all along. Molds are expensive, but once you amortize them over the half million or so gun frames made from them and figure in the low cost of modern CNC machining of the slide, stamped parts, etc. these modern polymer framed guns are dirt cheap to make. Which is why they go so low when sales drop off and the makers need to move them to get some cash flow and reduce stagnant inventory.

Remember the PT111 was well below $200 with a rebate last year, then they started selling good precisely because they were a low priced compact carry gun that worked well. So everybody upped the price to $240. Apparently sales have fallen off at that price point because they are again south of $200.

Will they go lower? I dunno, maybe a few bucks but once you figure in a profit for the maker and the distributor there can't be much margin left unless they start selling at a break even or loss price.

I had to go to Rural King to warranty out the battery in my Jimmy, got there and they were sold out! So I mosied over to the gun counter and lo and behold they finally got an RP9 in. I got to hold one at least, not near as bad looking in person as it is in the pictures for some reason. Grip felt fine, I assume the medium backstrap was in place as the counter guy had no idea they were even replaceable. The ambidextrous slide release was not working on the right side as expected, but the left worked fine. I may go ahead and try one of these, they do have a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser so if it is a jamming POS at least I can send it back a few dozen times until they get it right. But other than the reliability unknown, I see no reason not to get one at this price point if you could use one. MSRP was $489 but even Rural King had them for $350 or so.
    nutznboltz and railbuggy like this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Kernel? Glad to hear the amortization and manufacturing costs from someone else. Thank you. What is the true value of a Glock after all these years?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I would say merely stamping a Glock logo on a gun adds at least $200 to the MSRP. Look at the .40 S&W ones they can't give away now that the FBI switched to 9mm. $100 off, even from cheaper Than Gold.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...edium=referral
    nutznboltz likes this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well, I'll probably regret it but I just ordered from PSA. It will be $217 with shipping after the $50 rebate.

Now that I have ordered, next weekend's sale will be $150 with free shipping...
    nutznboltz likes this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    I would say merely stamping a Glock logo on a gun adds at least $200 to the MSRP. Look at the .40 S&W ones they can't give away now that the FBI switched to 9mm. $100 off, even from cheaper Than Gold.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...edium=referral
    I only recently bought my first Glock. A G17. Surprisingly good carry piece.
    "I wish I had invented a lawn mower"
    Mikhail Kalashnikov in later years

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Well, I'll probably regret it but I just ordered from PSA. It will be $217 with shipping after the $50 rebate.

Now that I have ordered, next weekend's sale will be $150 with free shipping...
    I look forward to your take on the Remington Kernel.
    "I wish I had invented a lawn mower"
    Mikhail Kalashnikov in later years

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I thought about ordering one over the weekend from PSA along with three extra magazines, but the double action only turned me off. My SAR B6P 4.5" model has what I like but the extra magazines run $23 each. I have two magazines for my SAR B6P. It came with one. That weekend price was great. Just not what I like. The B6P has a external hammer.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, I ended up with TWO of the EAA Witness P pistols back when they were sub-$250. Essentially the same gun as the B6P with a longer dustcover and rail. Made in Italy by Tanfoglio. I forget the name of the place, but they had the magazines on sale for like $16 each, with shipping it worked out to $18 each so I bought 8! Never seen them that cheap since, I guess I got lucky for once. Now I just need to get a double Alessi shoulder rig for the guns and a musette bag for the magazines so I can roam the post apocalyptic landscape fighting Brigands like John Thomas Rourke!

Oh, and a heads up on a damn cheap Taurus PT111. Cabelas has them on sale for $200 in 9mm here: Taurus PT111 Millennium® G2 Handgun : Cabela's

You can buy Cabela's gift cards on Ebay, $100 for only $82!

$100 Cabela's Gift Card For Only $82!! - FREE Mail Delivery | eBay

So buy 2 cards, that's $164 for $200 worth of merch. Free shipping on the PT111 to your local Cabelas (or they may have them in stock), so all you have is the sales tax and any fees your state may charge for a background check or whatever. Indiana, all we have is sales tax so out the door for me would be $178! I REALLY don't need another one of these but it is so damn tempting!!! Somebody stop me!

The only downside I see is the cards take a few days to arrive and Cabelas sale may end before they arrive.

Plus the PT111 also comes with a free NRA membership! $35 value. And a spare magazine.

Oh, and for everyone with Tanfoglio/CZ75/ magazines, they fit and function fine in the PT111 so it makes an excellent backup gun that can use the same mags as your main piece. Only quirk is the PT111 locks open with one round left in those magazines, but they feed the first 16 just fine! SIG P226 mags also are reported to work as well.
    nutznboltz likes this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Interesting point. In 91 or 92 I sold my 10 round TZ 45acp for exactly the cost of the 1991A1 Colt I sunk the money into as a custom carry pistol.
    Everyone wanted hi cap anything at the moment.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Search tags for this page

cz 75 pistol made in turkey

owb holster for sar b6p

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.