New Production Sub $300 Handguns
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New Production Sub $300 Handguns

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default New Production Sub $300 Handguns

CZ 999 (Zastava Serbia)

Seems a few decent quality sub $300 handguns are on the market now. Recently I picked up a CZ999 for $260 out the door. These are Serbian handguns not the Czech guns as the CZ may suggest.

I put out a target put the gale force winds kept whipping the target around. Did shoot a few rounds from about 30 feet. Not too bad given the conditions. I took some time for fun shooting at a few soda cans laying about. Fairly accurate with the rapid firing.

The fit (ergonomics) is very nice even with my big paws. I wasn't sure of how the trigger would feel but the travel was a bit long while it has a nice break. Actually it was a little bit light break overall. Took a few rounds to get to where I could judge the trigger reset. For me it is a little more comfortable to shoot than my Glocks.

Very happy with the purchase. Better than expected for a sub $300 handgun. Looks like it's a keeper.
    Tommo and 2ndAmendican like this.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default New Production Sub $300 Handguns - SAR B6P Compact (EAA Turkey)

SAR B6P Compact (EAA Turkey)

Nice handgun. Feels great in the hand but haven't had a chance to go out and give it trial run. I notice that the mag release is a little tight but should loosen up with use over time. I dry fired with "snap caps" and the trigger pull is a little long in DA but with a crisp break. Looks good as well. Cost was about $240 from Sportsman's Guide (with the membership and SG VISA discount).

I bought a couple full size mags (17 rd) and got a couple rubber spacers so they fit flush. The spacers are actually for the Tanfolio handgun but they work here, I just wrapped a little electrical tapes around the base where the spacers fit and now they are snug.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I like the looks of the Turkish pistol better. Might be weird but I've had a few pistols fall out of my mexican carry method due to slide/barrel length vs.frame size. If only i'd kept that Star PD...

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I ordered the SAR B6P Full Size pistol as well. Should ship in a week or two. Bought it from Sportsman's Guide for around $240 shipped (same deal as above). Of course they sold out quick and none are listed in stock. Looks like they must be rather popular.
    stalker1 likes this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The SAR B6P full size is the one I'm watching. I'm a fan of the High Power and the CZ75.
    stalker1 and Black Blade like this.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Jeff Cooper retired USMC Even recommended the CZ75 for it's ergonomically designed design and shape. Who am I to argue?

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Jeff Cooper retired USMC Even recommended the CZ75 for it's ergonomically designed design and shape. Who am I to argue?
    Damn skippy!!!! I love CZ based pistols.

BB, thanks for the updates. Isn't the CZ999 loosely based on the Sig?

The SAR is a nice looking pistol. I assume the weight is fairly low being a polymer frame?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Damn skippy!!!! I love CZ based pistols.

BB, thanks for the updates. Isn't the CZ999 loosely based on the Sig?

The SAR is a nice looking pistol. I assume the weight is fairly low being a polymer frame?
    Loosely???? I thought that some parts would swap straight over to a 226, 228 or 229. I am very willing to be corrected on that. We can't have those in Kalifornia since they are not safe for us common folks....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Loosely???? I thought that some parts would swap straight over to a 226, 228 or 229. I am very willing to be corrected on that. We can't have those in Kalifornia since they are not safe for us common folks....
    They may very well be Bellson. I know some of the less expensive knock offs will sometimes have a different FCG or something so that it's not a direct ripoff. Don't know much about this one though. The only thing I've really heard about was the weight difference compared to the Sig. Would love to shoot one and see how she feels.

The more I look at that Sar compact the more I'm digging it.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SAR B6P (EAA Turkey)

Just picked up my full size 9mm EAA SAR B6P handgun. It is a CZ75 clone that costs around $240 plus plus transfer fee. Not bad for what is essentially a CZ75 made in Turkey.

I will keep looking over decent sub $300 guns.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

cz 75 pistol made in turkey

owb holster for sar b6p

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.